I quit smoking yesterday and I feel like crap? Help? -

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I quit smoking yesterday and I feel like crap? Help? -


I-m at work and having major anxiety. I dont know what to do. I dont feel like I need to smoke but I want this anxiety to end. Any suggestions?
You are doing great. You have already gone thru the hard part, thats deciding to quit.

What you are feeling will go away. Try taking deep breaths anytime you feel anxiety. They say candy is good, but the sugar will add to anxiety. Try chewing sugar free gum, and try swooshing with mouth wash thru out the day. The feeling of a clean mouth will feel invigorating and it will remind you of having sweet smelling breath instead of nasty smokers breath.

Please stick with it. I admire you. After the third day, things will get better. Keep in mind what it will do to you if you continue to smoke.

Good luck sweetie!!

A good gum... Trident with Xylitol ...
watermelon twist ... Also cleans n protects teeth..
visualization. picture yourself feeling peaceful, lighter, cleaner, happier, successful in your favorite place.

do it as frequently as you need to.

cut down the caffeine.

think about how wonderful it-s going to be when you don-t have to worry about when you-re going to have your next smoke.

think of all the money you-ll save. use it to buy yourself something frivolous.

good luck. i admire you.
Don-t give up! I have quit smoking for 2 weeks now, I know it-s not that long but for someone wh had smoked for 20 years it-s not bloody bad! I had the same feelings as you in my first week, I felt like sh.i.te, felt depressed and just shouted at everyone! I would get a piece of paper and pen and just doodle to take my mind off the craving. The craving seems to come in waves. This week I feel SO much better, I can breathe, smell and taste better and the craving is no way near as bad as last week.....it can only get better. Good luck and remember, it gets better week -by -week x
When I quit, I-d take a ten minute break to walk around. It helped calm me down and take my mind off it. Good Luck! It-s not easy but it can be done!
do a few jumping jacks and push ups, then take a few deep breaths. You will feel better and more relaxed.
Get up from your desk and walk away from the situation. Take a walk around the building if you can. What the problem is that when you were smoking you were taking a break from work which helped with stress and that is what anxiety is, a form of stress. Start walking at night or in the morning before or after work, also find ways to relax yourself when at work if it is taking a few minutes to meditate or stand up and walk away and go to the bathroom, just to get away. Also nicotine withdrawl is horrible so drink water and lots of it.
Hang in there. This feelling will pass.

Don-t smoke if you do it will only make the feeling linger on longer.

This is just your bodies way of craving a smoke. Don-t give in.

If you can get past this part right here and for the next few weeks you will be free of this addiction. The First week is the worst and the second can be bad. But You will feel better than ever if you break this
Why did you start smoking anyway?
Drink citrus, and try to keep busy. This will pass in a couple of days,BE STRONG
breathe into a paper bag or have a smoke
I quit smoking yesterday and I feel like crap? Help? -