I am trying to quit smoking? -

Sunday, June 26, 2011

I am trying to quit smoking? -


Hi I have been a Smoker for 12 years. I am ready to quit after smoking this long and cigarettes are getting expensive. I whiched to cheap cigarettes and now they are starting to climb on prices. WTF? LOL I wanna quit I would like to save the 100.00 bucks a month of what I spend for those worthless things.

What are some things than people to try as they quit smoking? I am talking about strategies instead of programs or gum-s, etc. I wanna quit cold turkey.
Just stop buying them.
Unfortunately the price of cigarettes getting higher is not a good motivator to quit. It may be at the beginning, but eventually you will go back. I suggest that you get reasons that are more substantial. Quitting is hard, but it-s being achieved everyday. Getting support from friends and family will help a great deal. Also going smoker anonymous meetings is helpful as well. Many cessation products are available just in case cold turkey is too difficult. Wanting to quit is a great start...I wish you the best of luck....fingers are crossed :)
Cold turkey-s probably not an option. I only smoked for 4 years, and I had to try everything. The thing that worked for me though, after about 3 weeks of nicotine gum, was regular gum. To me, it was replacing a habit with a habit. Now, I chew so much damn gum though...

The patches are ****. They did nothing for me. The lozenges (sp?) suck too.
i have been smoking for 37 yrs, i have been smoke free for almost 2 yrs now. what i did was the opposite things i did when i smoked. i use to go on the porch to smoke, i don-t go out there anymore. at lunch time i would go outside to smoke, not i eat in the lunch room. try to do things your mind cant relate it to a smoking incident. gl. sir.
Maybe u should check this out man. hope u get better
My mum uses Champix. If you go to the doctor he-ll most likely subscribe them to you so you can buy them, they work really well.
leave your money at home so you can not buy any whene you crave them
see, dont take ur money out for unnecessary reasons
I quit 100 times in my lifetime! Finally, when they came out with the Patch - back then you had to have a prescription for it - I decided I would try it - and by George - I got off those suckers - that-s been a good 20 years ago! Patrick Swayze died today from pancreatic cancer - mainly caused by his lifetime of smoking. Please read the following article showing what smoking can do to a guy-s penis - reproductive system. This could be the incentive you need to make your decision to quit.

What are my options?

Definite DON-Ts

Alcohol


Alcohol kills reproductive cells and decreases sperm viability. It also disrupts the link between the brain and the penis. Excessive use of alcohol inhibits the creation of the male sex hormone, androgen.

Smoking


Nicotine reduces arterial pressure and as a result, prevents blood circulation to the penis. In addition, toxic substances from smoking are detrimental for sperm maturation.

Marijuana


Sharply reduces the level of male sexual hormones, disrupts chromosomes and promotes undesired genetic changes.

Anabolic Steroids


Anabolic steroids bear a close resemblance to testosterone and as a result, the body stops its natural production causing impotence to occur.

High Cholesterol


Too much cholesterol blocks the vessels providing blood to the penis and thereby reduces the blood flow necessary to maintain an erection.

Overweight


Being overweight can disrupt your hormone balance and, as a result, the production of hormones necessary for achieving erection can become insufficient.

Chemical drugs


Studies show that out of two hundred most used medicines; as many as sixteen are likely to cause impotence. Among the most risky are drugs used for the treatment of high blood pressure, depression, insomnia, ulcers, tumors, plus a couple of medications used to combat allergy.
I am trying to quit smoking? -