I am 24 male, quit smoking 6 days ago, resting heart rate dropped from around 80 to 60, should I worry? -

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I am 24 male, quit smoking 6 days ago, resting heart rate dropped from around 80 to 60, should I worry? -


I-m overweight but I am very active at work, I don-t get dizzy, I have good energy, I-m just worried that 60 is too low, it goes up to 70-75 walking around, goes up fine with exercise, tell me I-m ok!! Lol
You are fine. It is normal for your heart rate to drop when you stop smoking since your arteries are no longer constricted and your heart doesn-t have to work so hard. 60-100 is the normal heart rate so you are just fine. Congrats on giving up the smokes.
Anything between 60-100 is fine. Smoking constricts your vessels, causing the heart to pump harder and faster to get the blood through your body. Since you-ve stopped smoking, your vessels are open wider and the heart doesn-t have to work as hard or fast to get the blood through your body. You-re fine! This is normal. Good job on quitting smoking..congrats!
some people say eating more salt helps raise your heart rate...

but good for you for quitting smoking... try yoga classes, bikram is really good for you if there is a studio near you.

I think you will be fine...
besides a little anxiety and hypochondriac you are fine. perfectly normal.
I think your ok , smoking that probably help stay away from salt continue to exercise you are on the right track
I am 24 male, quit smoking 6 days ago, resting heart rate dropped from around 80 to 60, should I worry? -