If you quit smoking after many many years will your lungs crystallize? -

Saturday, December 3, 2011

If you quit smoking after many many years will your lungs crystallize? -


I quit after 30 years of smoking and 4 years after I quit I came down with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder. I was told by my pulmonologist that the thing wasn-t that I quit, it was how much I smoked and for how long. I also thought after so many years my lungs would be allot better along with my breathing and general health, but was so disappointed when this happened. BTW- your lungs don-t crystallize, they calcify and can get scar tissue, all affecting the way you breathe. I really do wish the rest of the people that quit this doesn-t happen to, but ask your doctor for a chest x-ray the next time you go to get a base-line reading so that you have one that the doctors can compare it to. Good luck and God Bless
No, your lungs will never crystallize. If you mean will they ever be crystal clear or pristine than the answer is still no. They will improve to the point that you wouldn-t know you ever smoked but there are factors to take into consideration here. How much you smoked and how long you smoked has a lot to do with it.
Anyone is much better off quitting. You will notice a difference very quickly. God bless.
I sincerely hope never. I imagine crystallized lungs would be impossible to breath with. I am glad to say that I quit smoking about seven years ago after a lifetime of addiction and mine have not crystallized yet.
Crystallize?
What will happen is your lungs will actually reverse themselves. If you never had a cough before while smoking, you may have one now as your lungs clean out.
If you quit smoking after many many years will your lungs crystallize? -