Im trying to quit smoking, any suggestions? -

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Im trying to quit smoking, any suggestions? -


I have been on zyban, i have tried accupunture and nicorete, and even cold turkey. They do work but then i can-t seem to stay quit???
Well, I-ve quit for a whole a three days now but it-s been different this time for some reason. I was dumping out a small garbage can that is pretty much just used for my ashtray waste and it just about gagged me when I breathed in the ash fog. Try having just one smaller garbage can for your ashtrays and empty packs and don-t empty it for a week or two (or more if you can stand it)... and don-t put a bag in it so you have to dump it into another. It grossed me out so much plus I looked at all those empty packs and butts in one place and really realized how much money I was wasting for something disgusting. It-s been so much easier for me to resist the urge to buy a pack so far. I really don-t want to touch them.
Don-t worry. Keep trying. Every cigarette you don-t smoke adds to your odds of staying quit.
I quit a thousand times before it took. The addiction got smarter, but I got smarter, too.
As the months go by, you will find the craving weakens, until all your other needs and wants, addictions and obsessions, obscure and pre-empt the old cigarette habit.
Is that good news or bad news?
I once heard someone say that if you imagine something that taste really bad...it has to be just the worst tasting thing that you hate....then every time you go to light up a cigarette think about that horrible tasting thing, and i heard it works...it will put you off the cigarettes for good....well you can only try can-t you?.....good luck.
The best way to do it, is to get it out of your head! Yea, i know, easier said than done! I wouldn-t spend all your money on nicorete and that. I smoked for 3 years and quit slowly. If i were you i-d smoke the ilghter cigarettes--ones that give you headaches b/c your not use to-- and get a membership to the gym and realize how shitty you feel because your out of breath! I got a trainer and he made me work out so hard I felt like I was going to throw up all the nicotine that i had ever inhaled. But try working out more and hopefully you-ll realize just then how bad cigarettes make you feel.
join IQS, or start workin out. if ur bodyz busy, u wont think of smokin. good luck!
you have to ask yourself this question. do you really want to quit.if you don-t then its not going to work.
After smoking for more than 30 years I quit and I used the equivalent of Zyban. The other thing that helped me was that I wasn-t around other smokers while I was quitting.

Good luck, you will feel better about yourself once you quit
Start walking and running,once you see how out of shape you have gotten and how much better you feel,then you will want to quit even more.
Will power buddy! that-s it! its all about will power. I myself am trying to quit...but so far lack the heart. All other things are bogus, if your heart is not really into it.
First you have to want to quit, truly want to. If you don-t forget it because it won-t happen until you really want to.
Smoking is a physical and mental addiction. First you need to want to quit {mental} then you need to get over the lack of having them {physical}.
I smoked for 26 years and smoked 1 to 11/2 packs a day. I decided I wanted to quit, got the patch and put it on before I went to bed. After a couple of days I started to put the patch on in the morning because it can keep you up at night and have weird dreams.
I used the patch for 2 weeks and I haven-t had a cigarette in 8 years and have no desire to ever start again.
In fact once you quit and smell someone smoking you will ask yourself why you ever did it because it stinks.

Good Luck!!
it-s all in your head, if you really want to quit smoking just say it and don-t even think about it, i use to smoke but when i decided to stop i just like turn of the light and thats it i-m done.
I smoked for 11 years and quit cold turkey, it was super hard and it still is sometimes. Try looking at it by getting through a day at a time or even an hour or two at a time and you just have to make yourself find something else to do. DO NOT buy a pack thinking that you will smoke one or two, feel better and then quit. You just have to kind of force yourself through it. Also, you have to want to quit.
Im trying to quit smoking, any suggestions? -