What is the best way to quit smoking? -

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

What is the best way to quit smoking? -


Cold Turkey? hypnosis? Patch? Gum?
-Get rid of all of your cigarettes and do not go anywhere where cigarettes could be purchased or obtained
-Stop drinking coffee and alcohol (since most people like to drink coffee/alcohol while smoking)
-Do not hang around anyone that is smoking
-Chew on something (try to not let it be chewing tobacco). This could include ordinary gum, straws, nicotine gum. Some people like to quit cigarette smoking by holding a cigar in their mouth since the nicotine from the cigar gets into your body even when the cigar isn-t lit but some end up smoking the cigar and then either become cigar smokers or continue with cigarettes while smoking cigars occasionally.
-Get support from others. Ask a friend or family member who also smokes to quit with you. Go to a support group.
-Hypnosis doesn-t work that well.
-Patch works well but can get expensive (along with nicotine gum)
-There-s also medications like Smoke Away and cigarette filters that help you quit also.
-Keep in mind all of the benefits of quitting. You will have much more money, much better health, and a longer life.
i think there is no one best way because everyone is differnt and it is easier for some then others--cold turkey is pretty hard but i know people that have done it------whatever way one is trying to quit--i can suggest that before you quit you put all your butts inside a jar and keep the lid on it and if when you are in the process of quitting and happen to get a bad urge to smoke get that jar open the lid and take a whiff-i guarentee you will lose the craving-it smells horrible.
they all will...under the right circumstances. So try what you think will work for YOU.

I did it cold turkey - and just passed 5 years, but it took a long time to get myself mentally prepared. Several years of thinking about it actually.

Many use the patch to get over the rough spots, and I-m pretty sure it-s helpful, as I suspect would be the gum.

Not sure about hypnosis though. I did try it many years ago, and it helped initially, but it was a real struggle to keep off them and I resumed smoking after about a year. But I guess it works for some.

Good luck!
That is pretty individual. I quit (finally) by consciously making the effort to smoke one less cig a day, till I finally quit. It took me 1 month and 5 days to do it.
Chantix is a new pill out that works wonders, even for older folks who have tried and failed miserably to quit smoking on everything else out there. This tablet allows you to cont. to smoke after starting it from Day 1. What-s lovely about it, is if taken as prescribed, will just make you not want one, and ALL on your own! I-ve heard the testimonials firsthand. Ask your doc. Some health plans do cover it, I am told.
quit.
keep quiting.stop.
don-t do it
this is the on time in your life it-s ok to quit
Quiters always when they quit smoking
just think your lungs will thank you as will your wallet
I-ve heard a lot of good about hypnosis, thought it is expensive and I personally, don-t trust it.

I know the gum works really well, you just have to get used to the weird tingling in your throat from it.. I quit for 3 months using the gum, but then I let go and had -just one more-.

I don-t know about the patch because I haven-t tried it yet, but thats what I-m going to be using starting tomorrow.

I-ve tried cold turkey.. that didn-t go so well.. I called my husband from work just bawling because I needed a cigarette and didn-t have any money on me.

No matter what way you quit, it will be hard.. it will feel like a close friend has died and the feelings won-t make any sense, but you just have to stick to it.. don-t do what I-ve done every time -oh, just one more won-t hurt..- because that -one more- will ALWAYS lead back to the habit you were trying to quit in the first place.
Cold Turkey and fight the pain. If your old enough try drinking instead.
Effort keep trying and find something to occupy your time with and have good people around who will help you stop.
The best way is actually doing it and following through. Chantix is the best thing out there right now to help with quitting. It is a prescription drug that doctors will happily prescribe.
Cold Turkey!!! When ever I want a smoke I grab my hackey sack instead! Works for me!!
Cold Turkey if you can otherwise gradually cut back until you can quit. Walking the floor helps.
my mom tried for years..she says the patch is the best..but you have to find things to do instead of smoking..things that will keep ur mind off it ..goodluck
cold turkey
some kind of motivation works best
Is your determinations... if u really wants to quit it... u will find means to stop the urge of smoking...

Share with your friends that u r quiting smoking, ask them to remind u when u wants to smoke...

Keep it up...
cold turkey - i stopped 3 years ago (never say quit because it makes it too hard on you if you have a relapse).
What is the best way to quit smoking? -