Trying to quit smoking cigs? -

Monday, February 18, 2013

Trying to quit smoking cigs? -


anyone have any good home remedies that they have tried and can say that they have worked to quit smoking responses will be greatly appreciated thanks
My husband just quit smoking and we slowly -weened- him off the cancer sticks. Here-s what we did...

We realized the only time his body actually CRAVED a ciggy, was after a big meal-breakfast, lunch and dinner. This is typically the case for most smokers. If this is true for you as well, the next time you buy a pack of smokes, give the pack to someone you really trust and tell them to ONLY give you a cigarette after each meal for a week. After week 1 is over, ask for just two cigarettes a day. Week 3, one cig a day. At this point the majority of your cravings should be curbed and quitting cold turkey won-t be easy but it-s the best route in our opinion.

My husband smoked a pack a day for 14 years and he quit cold turkey. Just recently he was with a bunch of coworkers who were all smoking and he hasn-t had a cigarette in over 5 weeks. He asked for a drag from someone and when he did, he actually got sick! We both knew the hardest part was over and now he never wants to go back.

I wish you all the best in the coming weeks and if you TRULY want to quit, you will.
The best method is to quit cold turkey, going from however much you smoke to 0 cigarettes per day. Throw away all of your smoking paraphernalia, and tell everybody you are quitting. In extreme cases, I-ve heard some people carry a jar with them to put their spent butts in. They carry it with them as a badge of shame (or honor, whichever the case may be). If you really want to punish yourself, treat each cig as a lost hand in a game of strip poker. Remember to reward yourself by spending the money you-re saving.

To combat the craving, brush your teeth, or take a shower.
I never smoked before but my cousin quit for a very long time now. When he decided to stop, he said that it wasn-t that difficult because you THINK that you need it but you really don-t. When you stop thinking about it, go play something else. Find something you could eat. Get involved in an activity just to get cigarettes outtta your mind! =)
Well. A person in my family kept mints around and whenever they craved one, they would just pop a mint in.

My mother-s solution was having a persistent daughter bug her about how shes smoking the stuff you drive your cars on, how it takes off your life, and hurts everyone you love.
I just quit. All I did was, not buy anymore or bum any from my friends after I ran out. It was really hard, but it worked. I felt like I was going to die, but I feel really good about it now.
try eating jelly belly jelly beans. .that-s what ronald reagen did to stp smoking a cigar....
or try telling your self how nasty that habit is!!
Good luck, hope this helps
I guess I don-t smoke so I don-t know why its so hard...if you have the will power cant you just like...quit?
Not trying, just do it normally as many things else.
try the patch. good luck!
get pregnant thats what i did... not to quit but it worked!
See your Doctor he or she can help you
use one of those things that you put on ur arm
Trying to quit smoking cigs? -