How did you quit smoking? im trying cold turkey after 20 years? how did you do it? -

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

How did you quit smoking? im trying cold turkey after 20 years? how did you do it? -


I had a bad stroke 23 years ago and was in a coma for 5 days. Smoking had played a large part in causing the stroke. My female cardiologist had given me stern lecture on the evils of smoking. Before my first appointment after release from the hospital, I had decided I would quit cold turkey. Realizing that it is not easy to give up a 2 pack a day habit after 25 years, I figured that the whole purpose of the attempt was so that I could tell the doctor that I had given it the old college try but had lost the battle. That would certainly allow me to escape another doctor-s lecture. Being honest, I couldn-t tell the doctor that story, without having actually tried. That was 24 years ago and I haven-t smoked since.
There are patches you can use. Visit your doctor and they can help you.
i-ve never actually smoked, but my grandpa had smoked for 30+ yrs, and he went to the doctor one day the doc told him stop smoking or you-ll die so he threw away the cigarettes and everytime he wanted one he-d pop a peppermint candy in his mouth he-s been cigarette free for over 10 yrs now. Good Luck
I quit in May of 2005 using Wellbutrin (Zyban) for the first month. I-d smoked 1 to 1 1/2 packs a day for 39 years. That was my first real quit. Now I have no desire to smoke, don-t think about it, don-t expect I-ll ever go back to it.
I kind of quit cold turkey...meaning I didnt use any kind of nicotine back up. But my doctor did put me on wellbutrin to help aid with the quiting smoking and its now been 1 year and 4 months since I quit smoking.
i have smoked for for 23 years and i would like to stop too if you find a way please let me know how you did it. i heard stopping cold turkey is the best way to stop. i stopped for 2 weeks after stopping cold turkey but i started up gain. good luck to you, you will live longer if you can stop,at least that is what everyone tells me!!
How did you quit smoking? im trying cold turkey after 20 years? how did you do it? -