What is your recommendation about the people ho already quit smoking? -

Monday, March 17, 2014

What is your recommendation about the people ho already quit smoking? -


I personally, stopped smoking almost fifty years ago and that was before anyone told us that it affected our health in so many ways.
I have always said that the day I stopped was probably the best day of my life.
It must have saved me many, many thousands of pounds - and helped me, and the people around me, to a more healthy life.
My recommendation to any smoker is to -give up now-. When a few short days have passed, you-ll wonder why you ever did it in the first place. Best of luck !
my recommendation to those who have already quit smoking? good Job. It is hard but can be done.
I quit 26 1/2 years ago and it was tough, particularly the first 3 days. This was before all the gum, patches, and drugs that are out their to help. Back then it was called doing it -cold turkey-.
The best advice I got was to keep busy, especially keep my hands occupied. I am female and I cut quilt squares. I made an entire quilt in 1 week! LOL Later, I taught myself how to crochet and fiddling around with the yarn or thread was a great substitute.
The morning cigarettes were NOT the first thing I thought about, I knew I had it licked. While the worst was over, I did do things like NOT hang around when others smoked, did not allow anyone to smoke in my home any more, tried not to do those things that triggered a desire to smoke. That took about a month with each day better and better.
The benefits were more money in my pocket, I didn-t cough in the morning any more, I no longer get wicked painful sinus infections, my clothes don-t smell like the bottom of a dirty ashtray(neither does my breath!) I don-t have tobacco crumbles lining my purse and every pocket of every shirt, coat or pair of pants.
They need to help others who are struggling to quit smoking ! That can be in terms of sharing experiences, the best way to hold on etc.
what do you mean?? how to quit smoking if you already have???
Excuse me?
What is your recommendation about the people ho already quit smoking? -