Why cant I quit smoking even though I want to? -

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Why cant I quit smoking even though I want to? -


I know for me I would say that I want to, but really deep down I love to smoke. It is the only break I get in the day, please don-t take my smokes away...

I quit the last day of April and I am feeling good - though it took me 6-8 weeks to really stop craving. My advice is wait for Wednesday morning and try to quit then. Be firm with yourself. It is not a matter of not like perhaps it is a matter of not want to, and that should win out.

Be careful of the nasty stress reactions we build up to justify having a cigarette. Just resolve not to use cigarettes as a way to deal with stress. Once you pass the test a couple times, it will go away.

You might also want to try nicorette gum - it can be great to have something to do and something to make it a little easier on you in the beginning.

Peace!
Its called addiction to nicotine.
I dunno. Let me know when you find the answer, because I can-t either. Good luck!
Cigarettes are one of the most addictive habits known to man. Once you get used to smoking your body craves the Tar and Nicotine that these little monsters have. Quitting is really a mind over matter thing and it doesn-t make a difference what-s on the market to help. If you have been a smoker for a while then your body will suffer withdrawal and many people relapse during this period.I smoked for 22 years---my last cigarette was 11 years ago.
It-s b-coz you are not determined and lack confidence.Think abt cancer when you are tempted to smoke.
Because you really deep down don-t want to. I quit last year. I had tried a few times before that. Cravings come from the want. You will have to quit cold-turkey. None of that tapering off stuff. I allowed myself to smoke one or two only if I was drunk, and eventually I didn-t even want to smoke while drunk. Now, the smell bothers me, and I am disgusted with the thought of smoking. Success!
You really don-t want to. If you really wanted to you would stop in spite of the cravings.
well one thing it is addictive and it is just plain hard.. i have quit before and then i go back to smoking... there is something about it that i like and find relaxing... i especially like a cigarette after eating and other activities....but i have tried patches and they work the 1st step pretty good... but somewhere it seems you are around someone that does smoke and there you want a cigarette again...i have even smoked with the patches on and they say that will make you sick.. it may make you kind of sick to your stomach though...i guess we just have to take control and when we want a cigarette deny our self the cigarette like we do not want to get fat so we watch what we eat...
You will soon. When you get small cell lung cancer.
It-s a tough thing to do.
I-ve tried about 6 times now.
I-ll keep trying over and over till I quit forever.

Problem is I go out with friends and they ALL smoke and it-s tough to ignore the urge!
DON-T GIVE UP!!! Some day it will take ...don-t be discouraged. Here are some tips that you might not have heard before...
Brush your teeth every time you eat...use cinnamon mouth wash gum and candy...the cinnamon really helps. Stay away from smokers. Make sure all the smoke odors are cleared out of your car and home and clothes. Spray fabreeze all over. When you have a craving take slow deep breaths and blow them out slowly.(at least 3) Drink a lot of water. Use the patches for a while if
you must. All of these things really do help. I finally quit last march 6 after 35 years of it. That-s an other thing make a note of your quit date and keep up with it. Let your loved ones know you expect congrats and gifts on that date. Celebrate your first week and each month then have a blow out for year one!! YOU CAN DO IT!!
BS-D

because you are not really ready.
something bigger than your desire to smoke has to be your motivational factor. and it has not arrived yet.
ask yourself: what would the benefits of giving up be?
if they are not motivating you, then you simply are content where you are.
nicotine causes a physical addiction......

even though you want to quit....your body needs and wants that nicotine......

so, it makes you crave it.....
You-re addicted to nicotine in the cigaretes. Its hard to stop smoking but good luck to you
It-s cause you-re addicted to it. Your spirit (will) is strong, but your body is weak. It doesn-t respond to what you REALLY want to do. You better power up your DETERMINATION! ;) Good luck!
Get support. Have friends help you out by requesting that they not smoke while you-re around. Help yourself by avoiding places with temptations, bars etc. :)

Good Luck!
Why cant I quit smoking even though I want to? -