How to quit smoking cold turkey? -

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

How to quit smoking cold turkey? -


iv been having chest pains and they are in the middle of my chest and have shortness of breath when they come about, someone told me to quit smoking immediatly whats the best way?
If I had such a scare, I would just not smoke again. I imagine that I would start nibbling away at wee snacks, each time I felt like a ciggie. I would rather put on a bit of weight, which I could later lose, than put my life at risk, especially if I had experienced such a scare. You should also contact your local GP who will gladly put you in touch with the nearest -Stop Smoking Service-. I have heard that they really do a great job in helping folk to quit. Good luck.
You need to quit the way that works best for you, and cold turkey might not be it.

Chantix is excellent but it can be costly. You typically continue to smoke for the first 7 days that you take it, but it beats the patch or gum, etc. and it-s pretty effective.

The best way to quit cold turkey? Fear! Chest pain can scare the hell out of you. Its how I quit. Its why I started going back to the gym too.

But a better thing to say to you is that you really need to get that checked out. What your describing sounds like angina. Chest pain is nothing to push off, particularly when its accompanied by shortness of breath, heavy sweating or pain in your arms, shoulders or jaw.

You also might have costochondritis. It-s an inflammation of the cartilage in the rib cage, particularly around the breast plate. You might be surprised to find that quiting smoking might actually make it feel worse. You should still quit, but just know that your chest pain may get worse before it gets better. You-re body starts to rid itself of the tar and residue left behind from smoking. That agitates the tissues around the lungs and worsens the pain from the costo.

Either way, chest pain is nearly always a warning of something, whether it life threatening or not. Quiting smoking is a good idea, but getting a doctor to look at you is a better idea.
Hey,

I had a really bad scare (I was coughing up blood) and that gave me the motivation to quit. Cold turkey is without doubt the best way to quit because it is the quickest and most effective long term. If u use gum or patches you are prolonging the process of quitting by at least 3 months. Go visit this website:

www.whyquit.org.

There is a few e-book, loads of articles and videos as well as postings from real successful quitters. It is 100% free and once you are nicotine free for 72 hours you can join and post and get feedback and help. Please visit and read as much as you can. The only way to dramatically improve your chances of being smoke free forever is to get educated.
The book that Poodle08 talks about is suppose to be great, you don-t stop right away, you start reading the book and by the time you have finished you wont want to smoke again. I wouldn-t waste money on patches or gum, you need very strong willpower, I done it 29 years ago while I was pregnant and it was hard but after a week or so you cope - I started again 16 years later and now smoke about 40 per day - my partner gave up 2 weeks ago by using pills doctor gave him and he said its fine he has the odd craving and a bit short tempered and when we are together at weekend my smoking doesn-t bother him. Someone told you to stop smoking, that-s no good it wont work, it has got to be something that you WANT to do not something you should do. Good Luck
this might sound stupid but it worked for me. read alan carrs, easy way to stop smoking. you need to have an open mind and actually take in what the book is saying. it gets a bit manotinous but trust me it works NRT is a load of balls it just cuts out the habit not the nicotine adiction. i also played his game on the nintendo DS which really helped. hope you get rid of the nicotine monster.
I suggest that you stop putting cigarettes into your mouth. maybe you could hide your wallet from yourself and live in a dark alley for a bit too. hopefully you-ll only be able to beg for enough change to get food and water.
I had chest soreness, aching and shortness of breath in March of last year. And I quit it cold turkey since April of last year, I know it-s very hard to quit. But It-s your turn to quit now before too late!

Good luck!
What-s the best way to quit smoking immediately?
Put down the cigarrette and never pick it up again.
Do you have to quit cold turkey or can u use the patches or anything. every time you want one just try chew gum. I know itl be hard but there is help out there. Good luck :)
I-d start smoking tobacco instead mate
:L
Just don-t try too hard, and distract yourself
How to quit smoking cold turkey? -