Have you quit smoking? -

Monday, March 9, 2015

Have you quit smoking? -


I don-t know what-s wrong with me but ive tried in the past before and could never do it.Ten days ago I woke up and decided to quit cold turkey.I really think something is wrong because I haven-t got moody or had any cravings for cigarettes.And before you ask yes i did really quit and It was 10 days ago.
Can anyone explain why it-s worked this time and never before?
I TRIED 13, THAT-S RIGHT, 13 TIMES BEFORE IT WORKED AND I STILL DON-T KNOW WHY IT WORKED THE LAST TIME.....I WENT COLD TURKEY....I GUESS I WAS JUST READY.GOOD LUCK, STAY STRONG.
I quit cold turkey too without telling anybody, my family and friends nagged and pleaded with me for years to quit and nobody even noticed I-d quit until I told them. They were stunned to say the least as I-d tried to quit before using acupuncture, without much success but this time I just decided to quit and didn-t suffer any withdrawal symptoms or mood-swings. Even though I was heavy smoker ~ I had a 40 cigarette a day habit ( that-s how viewed myself a nicotine addict which helped me quit) didn-t use chewing gum or patches I just decided I was going to be a non-smoker, just using willpower and determination. I think you need to want to quit ~ to quit ~ whether it-s consciously or unconsciously. GOOD LUCK I-ve stopped for six years and have never been tempted to smoke again.
yes, I can! I have struggled to quit for 6 years. I was successful a few times for a month or 2 and then I would go back to smoking in even greater extent. In July 06, even when my life was quite stressful, I woke up one day and felt nauseaus at the idea of nicotine entering my body.
6 months later, I am still nicotine free and I don-t miss it the least.
I think it-s either that my body just rejected the cigarette as it was doing what it had to do for survival, or I was so scared about cancer that I just quit cold turkey. And when a few days had passed and I felt so great about breathing better already, not having smoker-s breath and saving the money I was spending on 3 packs a day, then I was happy and wanted to go on. It-s not as difficult as it had been before because I was ready to be a healthy person. Noone forced me into quitting, so I felt in control.
Nothing is wrong, it-s your body and mind working together to save you from what you know would have been detrimental to your health.
i smoked my last cigarrette outside the hospitol before they informed me i had just had a heart attack. i have not smoked since...and that was just over a year ago.
they reckon giving up smoking is harder than giving up cocaine.
Its real hard i know but concentrate on the health benefits, shiny hair, nice skin, eat loads of fruit, drink water, try to relax and don,t worry. You are less liable to get cancer. I have faith in you you can do it, ask God for help. He loves you dearly. He is your comfort.
I smoked 60 to 80 a day and one day I decided it was crazy so I packed it in there and then and have never smoked since.
Probably because you were ready AND really wanted to quit. Good luck!
no idea give me the secret
I decided to stop one day and just stopped. It took no effort at all. I don-t think I was addicted to it.
If I was you I would just be happy this time things are going well.
I stopped for 6months,over 1year, and went back to it for several
months.This time I-ve been off for 3 months,but again have just started to 2-3 a day.If I-m given one i keep it and make rolls when i get home.Your question made me think i,or we are past the stage of wanting a smoke.But not confident in our (or my)self,so
continue to test ones will power by smoking the odd one.I normally when i get to this buy some and stop again.This time I-m
not going to.Hope you,me and everyone stops if they want.After
all.No smoking in public next year(we-ll have a start on some)
its all about WANTING to quit and changing the situations you put urself in.

i enjoy smoking and its involved in my routine.

WELL DONE! you have achieved that which many crave for.

Helen
x x x
Hi,yes I gave up just over 3 weeks ago,I did it with Allen Carrs easy way to stop smoking.

I cant believe how easy its been,I read the book and havent had a ciggie since,no withdrawals and no cravings,he has a 53% success rate.

He doesnt believe in nicotine replacement because it only takes 48 hrs to get rid of nicotine out of your body.

You can smoke all the time your reading the book.
Good for you.I stopped 5 years ago but i needed the patches and ive still stopped. so keep it up.If you are determined then you will succeed its all down to will power.If you have heard the news then you will know that from 1st july next year you cant smoke in public.
It-s real obvious. You don-t feel like dieing.
GOOD JOB DUDE KEEP IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I quit on the 6th of July. I picked the day because it was a. payday b. the start of my hubbys shifts at work(so we wouldnt be in each other faces) c. it had to be after my 4th of July party and d. my new years resolution had been to quit this year before my birthday, because it was the tenth id have since i started smoking.

Now, I am a hugely weak person, when it comes to these things. I was a total smoke-aholic, if i didnt have ciggies Id go mental. Tears and all.

So the first day, I wigged out. But I was not turning back. I screamed at my kids. I screamed at the neighbor kids. I rolled up into the foetal position under the duvet in bed. I cried. I bought some smokes and threw them over a wall. And the next day, the same, and then again. But on day four, I had an epiphany. I still craved a cig-but I was no longer going to smoke. **** it. Bring on the pain.

I think if we-re lucky in life, we sometimes have brief moments of clarity. Why dont non-smokers smoke? Cuz its gross. And unhealthy. And expensive. All it takes is for a smoker to realize this. And use mind over matter, to make the change. Its not so much giving up smoking, as it is giving up stupidity. And weakness. And thats not hard, or at least it shouldnt be.

I think its society-s fault as a whole, that people still smoke. They provide all the crutches, patches, inhalors, gums, counselling. Stop holding peoples hands. Stop giving people excuses, we-re most of us big enough martrys as it is.

You, my friend, have been enlightened. Its a subtle change, you probably didnt notice it happening. Congratulations.
Hey... That-s excellent well done!!! and keep it up. I have not smoked for 5 months now....i just decided to quit and like you have had no moodiness and no real cravings occassionally i think i could just smoke a cigarette then it goes away without a second thought.

Well done again
Good for you. I decided I was going to stop and gave myself a time limit - like no smoking before next Friday. I suddenly realised it was Sunday and I didn-t want one, Believe your mind, it can do what all these patches and hypnotism can-t
First of all Congratulations and well done for giving up. The next challenge is to stay a quitter for the rest of the year and hopefully never smoke again for the rest of your life.
Don-t waste your energy worrying about why you are not withdrawing. It could be a host of reasons depending on the number of cigarettes you smoked daily, the number of years you have been smoking, the brand of cigarette, if you smoke drugs, the company you keep and your mental state.
Ask again when you relapse and I hope you don-t. I went cold turkey fourth attempt after smoking for 20 years, nicotine, drugs and everything I could get my hands on! Now I help others to quit. If I can do it, then anyone can.
Good luck and stay healthy!
Because your really ready. And yes, I quit back in February with the help of Wellbutrin for one month, and haven-t craved one since.
Have you quit smoking? -