Whats the best way to quit smoking? -

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Whats the best way to quit smoking? -


There is a new prescription medication called -Chantix-. I started it two weeks ago and haven-t touched a cigarette in 12 days. I haven-t wanted to, really, either.
There are moments I wished I had a cigarette, but the urge is truly momentary and not nearly of the intensity of wanting one while I was smoking.
My doctor said he prescribed it to a 3 pack per day smoker, and the patient was a non-smoker after only two weeks. I believe it---this stuff is AMAZING!!!!!
There is a lot of products I used nicocure which is an all natural patch and it does not use nicotine and is helped with my jitters and withdraw.
COLD TURKEY.

I did it a month ago. No patch. No gum. No B.S.
I just stopped.

Nicotine withdrawal lasted only 2 days. The hardest thing to get over is the oral fixation.

Just stop.
Zyban or the -patch-. But, you have to also have the will to quit.
Just do it! ;)
Unfortunately, I wish it was that easy.
I tried Welbutrin at the advice of two girlfriends who succeeded using it short-term. It made me absolutely crazy, literally within three days I was psycho.
I-ve also tried the -cutting down- method, but really believe that cold turkey would be more effective because I only cut down so far.
I worked with a gal that went through hypnosis three years ago. She-s been smoke free ever since.
I-ve also heard that acupuncture works, but don-t know anyone first hand that has tried it.
From biology classes I-ve learned that the physical addiction only lasts three days. So in that regard, if you can make it three days, you-re doing great.
However, psychology shows that a nicotine addiction is as gripping and complex as a heroin addiction. Quitting is so much tougher than non-smokers will ever be able to comprehend.
My suggestions would be to form a support group, tell everyone you need and want help.
Buy some gum and suckers or sunflower seeds to appease the oral fixation. Maybe even toothpicks or a straw to stick in your mouth.
Additionally, since nicotine is such an addictive drug, consider purchasing nicotine gum or lozenges.
Regardless of the method, you will not be successful until you convince yourself that it is time, that you are done, and then you will be done.
Good luck! You can do it!
First things first. You gotta wanna. sounds silly, but if you do it for anybody but yourself and you-ll fail. Before I quit, I couldn-t do it for my future wife, freinds or the military. Tried in college with medication, and it will kill the craving, but you wanting to quit is the true support. When I was ready, I dropped it. Period. Two years free after ~12 years of smoking.
Whats the best way to quit smoking? -