Quit Smoking? -

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Quit Smoking? -


I began smoking when I was 12 years old, I am now 17 and I haven-t smoked for one week today. I have avoided any social situations where I was more prone to give in to my filthy adictive urges and I was just wondering if I should continue to avoid these potential hazardous situations in order to quit or wether I should just face them and try not to smoke, because I am worried that if i continue to avoid them, I may never be able to face them without smoking...
Hi Joshua , I-m in the same boat as you only I-m 54 - have been smoking for 40 of those years . Do yourself and your family a big favor - do whatever it takes , including staying out of situations that make you want to smoke . I-ve done the same thing - find it helps tremendously . The patch helps alot , but then your just putting the nicotine back in your system . I-m having a real problem with just the habit of lighting up , holding it , the whole ritual it entails . I was down to three a day , which was 100 less a week than I was smoking . I-m back up to ten a day which is still an improvement , but I-m disappointed in myself . Oh yea , I have COPD ( chronic obstuctive pulmonary disease ) from smoking . I-ve just started a support group on Yahoo ( DoOrDieNow ) if you want to join . I know I can use all the help - support I can get . I want to see my grandchildren get married . At this rate I won-t , but I-m not giving up ! Keep trying Joshua . Good luck !
It-s only been a week! Give your self a break and avoid those social situations for 2-3 more weeks. The worst of it should be over by then and you will be better able to deal with other smokers.

Good luck to you.
In order to quit on your own, you have to be very strong willed, determined and self disciplined. To help matters, avoid the things that make you want to smoke, like after meal with coffee. Socialize with your friends but concentrate on doing something with your hands rather than grab a cigarette and chew gum, smoke a brand you don-t like. Do it gradually.

I-ve been smoking for 30 years, don-t plan to quit, but only smoking 1/2 pack a day. Quit once on my own for 2 years, but since nothing is being done about the air polution, the cancer agents in water and in our food, the crime, etc. I went back to it. I gained weight then which I lost. More deaths are caused from obesity than smoking.

Cut back in moderation and slowly wean yourself off of it. Smoke only around your smoking friends and when your out in clubs. Dont give up your social life because of it; some thing else may get you....which means you may have given up smoking - your friends for nothing. Enjoy life and do what you want.........here today and gone tomorrow. Good chance it wont be because of the smoking.
well like i started smoking(more like crack) when i was 8 since my older bros did it and i was always around it....once i turned 13 and got raped couple months later had a kid i knew i had to stop ...if i could stop for like 10 years(im 18) than you can do it yea i had to give up some of my friends but they were causing me in to much trouble plus i started getting sick which lead to H.I.V for me and Fibromyalgia so i would say stop for your own sake of life
Good...But 12 yrs. old..Isnt that young??Good 4 u that u stop smoking
don-t avoid them. thats my advice. you should face your fear. thats what everybody says. if you always avoid these temptations without even trying, you won-t last a second in the outside world. face it, nowadays socializing is as important as getting a degree. still, its easier said than done. but if you manage to stop smoking facing the challenge, thats a very big achievement already.
crack? don-t have a clue on that one. cigs? the cleansing period for an addition is 28 days, then it-s psychological/physical. you have habits when you smoke, after eating, after sex, etc. break these habits as you break the smoke habit and you should be mostly in the clear, whether or not you-re around others who smoke. the mental addition to want to will hang around longer, but try to fight it, because if you give in...you-ll go back to smoking.
Quit Smoking? -