Do you think that it is important to quit smoking or not. explain why? -

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Do you think that it is important to quit smoking or not. explain why? -


The risk or occurrence of any of the following is only slightly increased by smoking (just to name a few):

Lung cancer (3+ types)
Esophogeal cancer (3 types)
Stomach cancer (3 types)
Eyesight degeneration (2 types)
Heart Disease (many types)
Emphysema
Asthma
Circulatory problems
Bad Breath
Hearing loss
Nicotine addiction
SIDs (Sudden infant death syndrome)
Low birth weight
Brain damage(Carbon Monoxide kills brain cells)
GI disorders (Gastro intestinal)
Reduced or zero fitness
Shortened lifespan (approximately 7 minutes per cigarette smoked).

It-s a numbers game. Its up to you how long you want want to play. One thing is certain, the numbers will catch up to you if you don-t quit.
Depends if you have kds or not. If you have kids it is probably worth quiting so they don-t have to sit over your death bed crying when your 50 wondering why you were so selfish. If you don-t then you might as well keep smoking so you can help pay more taxes for ppl with familys. Plus you will die sooner and that will help keep our population down.
I can-t give a yes or no, cause I need that answerd myself.
I smoked for about 4 years. Some days I only had a few, some days i had maybe more then 1/2 a pack. For the last 2 years I smoked those rolled filterless cigs.

I quit for about a 6month time frame. Started again due to a bad mood, and stayed smoking just because of habit.

I-m gonna get kicked for this, but I never noticed my breathing being any different.

The only thing was that i stunck horribly.

I actually just -quit- again a few hours ago, and want one so bad right now i feel like breaking something.

Some people of course get the health problems, but I either didnt or just havent found them yet. (note: I also dont see the doctor so i could be dying away as we speak and not even know it)

The only benifit I see from quitting (so far) is the smell.

If it didnt smell bad, i-d be on my porch right now.

And i-ll answer the rest after i get my doctor check-up

----My grandpa smoked in the past (not sure for how long or how long ago he quit) he-s been healthy all his life, used to go to the gym at age 65. Now, he-s had a few heart surgerys and one of his lungs collapsed and now he sits in a chair on a oxygen tube. And he-ll be in that chair until he dies.
--But he was perfectly healthy, and he did quit and stayed healthy. the heart and lung thing just came suddently. Maybe it was related, maybe not.

---My mom smoked since she was 16-42ish. She has no known problems.


---Me, that 6mo stoppage, cause i had a boyfriend. Guess what my bad mood and smoking faze caused?
Lost my love. i-d have rather lost some lung capacity.
Yeah if you smoke you should quit. Smoking restricts blood flow and causes high blood pressure because it causes capillaries stress. The lungs are damaged of course but so is the heart muscle. The skin is dry the mouths defenses are weakened and hair and nails are affected in an unattractive way.

COPD, CHF, HF are just a few of the irreversible diseases that are caused by smoking. Look up the symptoms if you-re curious.

Along with all of that mess it smells and cost a lot of money. Now that thats said I-m gonna go smoke a cigarette myself.
Can you run upstairs, run after a bus, pick up a baby. If the answer is yes ask yourself how it would feel to have to go upstairs one step at a time pausing for breath. Forget the bus you just missed it. As for the baby I just might manage to lift it . That is all the life I have left, my lungs are useless and smoking did that. I stopped last year forty years too late. Someone said we all die anyway. There are times I look forward to it believe me.
It is a good thing to quit smoking, smoking is bad for your health, it increases risk of lung cancer for you and all around you and creates an addiction to nicotine, can cause issues if you are pregnant, the list goes on and on.
i really don-t know. for example.. italy has the highest percentages of smokers per capita and they also have the lowest cancer rate per capita.

but for your overall health, you really should quit. but just looking at the cancer side of it..
Of course it-s important to quit smoking. I wish I had years ago. I-ve been smoking for 50 years and have tons of health issues that are related to this addiction, including the fact that I can hardly walk anymore.
As long as your younger then 30 your lungs will almost completly heal from all damages done from smoking a couple years after you quit,
so you should quit before your addicted, but if you can-t aslong as you quit before your 30 you pose little health problems
yes, it will make you a lot less healthy. unless you-re about to die anyways... then what does it matter if you-re -healthy- or not, lol.
yes it is. you should stop before you have to take durastic actions.
We all die eventually anyways...
NO NOT AT ALL
Do you think that it is important to quit smoking or not. explain why? -