Have any of you tried to quit smoking after 42 years? -

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Have any of you tried to quit smoking after 42 years? -


how was your attempt? What methods did you use?
Oh FONZ, are you trying to quit? Im sorry I am not any help on this...many of my friends have tried to quit, quit for awhile, then started back again. My best friend only quit, cold turkey when they told her she had breast cancer. I have had friends quit while they are pregnant, and then started back the day the baby was born. I understand it is the hardest thing in the world to do....one of my husbands employees used the patch, and the gum......and therapy, he always had times when he smoked, when he got up in the morning, on the way to work, after coffee, at break, on the phone, etc, so when he was doing those things he chewed the gum and started walking.....I have no answers, each person I hear has to do what they have to do....I know I am typing alot and not saying much, all I can say is that me and Belle will pray for you....anything we can do to help....are you ok?
My brother got cancer of the tongue.He was operated on at Loyola University in Chicago.The whole 7 th floor was head and neck cancers only.He was told 99 1/2 % of his cancer was caused by smoking. His main wish was to be able to sleep. Because of smoking , his lungs were filled with fluid, the fluid had to be kept clear with a suction hose through a whole in his esophagus. He had 6 drainage holes in his neck.He looked like frankenstein.He had to go through massive radiation treatments.It burned his salivary glands. Do you think he quit smoking, finally? YES!!!! Shock therapy.
Fortunately, or maybe unfortunately, the length of time hooked, does not matter. An addict (and that is what we are) is an addict no matter what. I am trying to quit, and I have smoked for 26 years. I am only 40 years old, so over half my life I have been addicted! I have researched and researched. I am currently using Final Smoke...its a help, but there is no miracle out there that I have found. I have friends who have done hypnosis, and it worked great...I have also been reading Allen Carr-s The Easy Way To Stop Smoking...its pretty good too. I have not finished it yet, but everything in there makes sense so far! He was a 5 pack a day smoker! So he speaks from experience! You can look part of it up online, maybe even the whole book... If you really want to quit, throw them all away, and get started! But make sure you really want to. Because if you don-t have your mind there, your body will not accept it either. Good luck!!! You CAN do it!!
actually i smoked for almost 40 years... quit through a nicotine anonymous group on the net..
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/voi…


i have been smoke free for over 5 years now!!!
Have any of you tried to quit smoking after 42 years? -