I have quit smoking, how long will it take for my lungs to improve? -

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

I have quit smoking, how long will it take for my lungs to improve? -


I smoked for about 6 years, averaging around 10-15 per day. Can anyone shed some light on the time line of my lungs improving? For the first few years I smoked 8mgs then changed to 4mgs.
never will be the best they can be cause it has tar in them looks like ur screwed like the rest of us
If you only smoked for a few years then, yes your lungs will regenerate progressively over a few years (along with your taste buds and sense of smell) Versus a person that quits after 25 years, they can always end up with cancer or emphysema even ten years later.
By the way, The lungs start to heal after only eight hours.
No, The human lungs can regenerate like the rest of your body... This process will take about 7 years in total, but after like... 3or so years, you can already feel drastic changes, (no more hard coughing, no mucus buildup in your lungs) etc,etc,
The improvement should start immediately.
It won-t be rapid though.
The absence of irritation should be immediately apparent, within a week or two.
Improvement in vital capacity will be slow.
dont have a cough nor any wheezing , it-s coming up !

congrats ! , a brave move that u quit, about how long , it-ll be about 3 monthes
they told me 8 years and i smoked for 25 years!
about 7 years
I have quit smoking, how long will it take for my lungs to improve? -