I Quit smoking 3 weeks ago today but for the last week or so something strange has been happening? -

Saturday, March 18, 2006

I Quit smoking 3 weeks ago today but for the last week or so something strange has been happening? -


*WARNING* Some of you may find this gross so... ride at your own risk.

I realize that around 2-3+ months after you quit your lungs start to clean themselves out BUT something is going on now for me and it-s only been 3 weeks since I quit. I had been a smoker for 20 years and 1+ pack a day for about 15 years (Menthol). When I would cough up the nasty stuff it was always yellow at most. Now that I quit, about a week ago I started coughing up Dark brown-Dark grey... In all my years smoking I NEVER coughed up anything that dark.

Is this normal this early?
Congratulations! Yes, your on your way back to good health. Do some deep breathing exercises, they-ll help as well.
As long as there is no temperature with the dark color phlegm you should be fine! But if you have any trouble breathing or any pain in your lungs then by all means get them checked out by a M.D.
Same thing happened to me 14 years ago. I think it is normal, but if you have doubts see your doctor. The lungs are incredible organs, they will cleanse themselves. Good luck stopping! It was the hardest thing I ever did! You should be proud!!
not only normal, but it-s great! i know it-s gross, but think of the crap that is no longer in your lungs.

Great job on quitting. I know it-s not easy to end any addiction, so a huge thumbs up for you!
I smoke menthol to. I think its becuse when you were smoking your lungs couldent clean as much out because you were still smoking. Now your lungs are going all out in the clensing prosess because no mmore of that **** gos in your lung so it has more energy and time to get it out.
That s interesting, when i cough all i get is greenish stuff...
yes..it is normal..as you-ve said its cleaning up...that colored things you-ve seen is combination of nicotine and phlegm..going out to your lungs..its very natural
Dont worry ,
Your lungs have tiny hairs all over them and they`e been saturated in tar and unable to force out the grunge ,now you`ve stopped , the hairs are getting back to doing their job ,different times for different people .It started for me at 10 days .I gave it a nudge with a ventolin puffer though .
Your lungs will go back to clean after a few months ,or even less .
Start walking every day .I started trying to walk up a 150mtr hill paddock to a helipad .After a week i could run ,
cheers mate
ray
Your lungs are awesome organs and they-re simply cleaning up. Your windpipe is covered with microscopic hairs called cilia, and they-ve been coated with phlegm, tar and nicotine for all those years.

Just as long as you don-t cough out blood and you don-t have much trouble, its fine.

But if you see some blood, or have trouble coughing them out, go see a doctor bro.
I-m sure you-ll be fine :) very sure :)
In the healthy lung there are small hair-like projections called cilia that clean the lungs by moving mucus up and out. Smoking paralyzes this cleaning system. Your lungs are begining to recover from the inflammation caused by 20 years of smoking abuse. This inflammation is causing your symptoms. Constantly coughing up mucus is a good sign. It shows that this cleaning system is working again. When you were smoking this mucus would just stay in your lungs. When you quit smoking before there has been permanent damage to your lungs then you get better as the cleaning system cleans your lungs. This may take up to a year after smoking stops.
There is nothing wrong, try using -Super Detox,- it will help you clean your lungs, kidney, liver and pancreas. I truly recommended this product, I use it when I stop smoking and help me get all that nasty stuff out. I have to say I liked smoking but now, I really love not smoking. Every time I got sick it would last longer than the usual.
https://wilfredojr.my4life.com/products/…

YOur little cilia are working hard and good to clean to clean out your lungs- should be fine- if worried see md- D
I don-t think so. Yellow cough up is not good. You should go see a doctor because coughing up dark brown dark grey could be worst.
i-m a smoker that is planning to quit in the next few weeks...you know how that goes
i never knew that your lungs clean themselves out after smoking. thanks for the heads up!
its cleaning, but you know what, you just saved your life!
your next step is to eat healthy food, vitamin c men!! lung cancer is the number ONE killer worldwide, keep yourslef healthy, wake up atleast 5:30 am everymorning, inhale and exhale for atleast a couple of mins., your lungs must recover from the damages you-d made. gudluck!

P.S. this advice i made is very easy to type, but a 100 times harder to DO than to smoke a stick! so the choice is yours and only YOURS!
it is your body reaction when you stop taking harmful things towards your body. is is so called cleansing action from your body. i suggest you go to get some herbs tea that may make you more comfortable during this period of time. such as thyme, peppermint and chammoile.
I Quit smoking 3 weeks ago today but for the last week or so something strange has been happening? -