I quit smoking and now my favorite foods are disgusting to me. Why? -

Friday, October 5, 2007

I quit smoking and now my favorite foods are disgusting to me. Why? -


I quit smoking almost 2 months ago, and for the last month or so, things that I used to love, mostly bread-related things like pizza, hamburgers, Quizno-s, etc.. have a very strange texture in my mouth after I chew a few times. It is so hard to explain, but all these things just feel gross in mouth now, and they are some of my favorite things to eat. Does anyone know what it is? Will it go away?
smoking made them taste good. only smoking can make quizno-s taste good.
your taste buds have changed...people who quit smoking can smell and taste things much better. maybe that-s a good thing and you can start eating better and lose weight rather than gain like most non-smokers do.
Smoking has an anestetic affect on your mouth, making you not as able to taste foods. So naturally, after you-ve quit - that goes away. So now you-re tasting everything as nature intended.

Try an apple or some fruit.
I quit smoking and now my favorite foods are disgusting to me. Why? -