Has anyone been on chantix to quit smoking? -

Friday, July 4, 2008

Has anyone been on chantix to quit smoking? -


I got rx for chantix and read so many bad things like sucidal, nightmares. Please let me know if you have tried it or know of someone that has.
Yes, there have been some serious side effects for some users of this medication.

I know of more people who have had issues with it than not.

However, it is you that needs to weigh out your thoughts and concerns about it.

When I quit, I used the Patch. I found it worked with limited side effects. It took a few days for me to get used to it... it was itchy for the first hour it was on and I did get vivid dreams. However, it was still better than smoking.

If you want to get a lot of opinions from people on it and people who used it (as well as other quit smoking aides) and also want to know what to expect and how to deal with the trials of quitting, use this site:


http://www.quitnet.com


Its free to use by the way... and you will not get junk mail for signing up. It was a real life saver for me and I can bet you-ll find it really helpful. So do take the time to look over the site and ask questions in the forums.
I-m only just started using Chantix but will be logging my experience here: http://www.squidoo.com/chantixtoquitsmoking . Feel free to take a look.
M


Report Abuse



There-s a good article here:
http://www.lawyersusaonline.com/index.cf…
concerning the 200+ lawsuits filed either by people who have been rendered suicidal or the next of kin for those who have succeeded. Apparently there are at least another 1500 cases in the pipeline.

It accounted for more serious injuries than any other prescription drug in the last quarter of 2007 according to the FDA.

The Federal Aviation Administration has banned it from being taken by pilots and air traffic controllers, and it has been banned for commercial drivers.

Frankly it-s verging on being more directly and visibly harmful than smoking.
i have used chantix. it decreased my desire for smoking but not enough for me to quit completely. it may have if i had stayed on it longer but the stomach upset i had made me stop. i will probably try again at a later date with a lower dosage after i cut down on my own first.
as for dreams, i had some lucid ones but they were very boring. no suicidal thoughts or nightmares. i think the people who have them may be more prone to them without the medication. combining chantix with welbutrin might help.
I bought an herb called Lobelia. About 18.00 a bottle. It worked very well on me to quit after smoking for 25+ years. Nothing else has ever worked. It mimics Nicotine, and completly takes the desire away, leaving you only with the habit of holding the ciggy. Then just chew and hold onto a straw.
I have tried Chantix several times but what is bad about is the fact that after a while I would just start smoking agan. Hypnosis did the trick for me. You can find a good product on this page :

http://www.quitsmokingeasy.net
No i havent to quit smoking i used this product on this webpage http://www.stopsmoking4good.org
Has anyone been on chantix to quit smoking? -