How Can I Quit Smoking? -

Monday, April 25, 2011

How Can I Quit Smoking? -


Without knowing you,or your current health situation.(keep in my mind I am not a doctor)The best way for you in my opinion is to just quit cold turkey.I know you may be thinking (easier said than done)but I smoked two packs a day for ten years.
I quit cold turkey.The first three days will be the hardest.....During those first three days.Please do not over compensate with food or alcahol.Try exercise or sex.........
The bottom line is you will quit when you are ready to quit......
First, you have to really want to stop. If you don-t really want to, nothing will help you. Secondly, try a little thing called prayer. It worked for me!! Good luck!!
I was told by a nurse that chewing on whole cloves will help you quit because your body gets the same feeling as it gets from nicotine.
just stop smoking
i used the step program.it seems expensive cause it is all at once paid for but think of this....how much do you pay out for your smokes buy the end of the week?? how much money do spend on medical product from the side effects of smoking.i had asthma and a whole host of other problems from smoking. it is in the long run worth the cost of the patches. i didn-t use step one cause that i heard was too much from a friend i mean the meds in the patch were too much so i started with step 2. i quit in a week. so did my hubby. support is crucial. find a person who will support you all the way through. a sponsor if you will;) my mom went to smokers anonymous.it worked for her. different strokes for different folks.good luck.
Good question. I have been smoking for 35 years and have tried to quit numerous times by various different ways. I tried the patches, gum, the Smoke Away program and all worked for a short time until something triggered me to start again (stress problems). I was obviously not strong enough or committed enough to not smoke. I want to quit but it is a very difficult thing to do, don-t let anyone kid you and say it-s easy. The cravings never go away completely. I wish I had all the money back that I have spent on cigarettes. I know that one of these days when I am TOTALLY ready and with God-s help, his is the only support that will really help you, I will quit. Good luck to you and I hope you can do it. The Smoke Away program was the best one I tried as it is all natural and you are not still getting the nicotine like you do in the gum and patches. They have it at Walmart. My work paid for half. God Bless You.
Try not to buy a cigarette.

And while you-re quitting, make sure you do 20+ pushups a day to make up for the damage done from smoking.
The only way to quit one addiction is to replace it with another.
you should asked a guidance counselor or find another hobby like reading books
Just stop. Sorry but that is the way ya gotta go. No tricks. Just stop, suffer for awhile and its over.
theres gum that u can get from a drug store and helps u quit smoking
Just Stop. Deny yourself no matter how hard it seems. The cravings are only a mind thing. Also find something to do in the moments you feel like smoking. Good Luck and God Bless
How Can I Quit Smoking? -