I quit smoking yesterday, any ideas on how I can stop myself from jumping out the window???? -

Monday, April 25, 2011

I quit smoking yesterday, any ideas on how I can stop myself from jumping out the window???? -


No, really any ideas to lessen the intense cravings and desperate feeling?
Get a positive feeling about it be happy that you are now a non smoker. You haven-t given up anything, you have gained good health.
I know how hard it is because I have got to the 3 month mark and am doing well mind you I do eat a lot more and I have gained a fair bit of weight but hey I can work on that and it-s better to be a little overweight then dying of Cancer and weighing very little.
Try and fill those voids when you were poisoning your body with other things. Go for walks, watch a movie, go bowling, make love, etc etc.
Good on you, you deserve a pat on the back for trying. I wish you the very best of luck.
Believe me you can do it! I quit smoking like 6 years ago. And the first 3 days I want to jumping out the window. When you feel desperate call your friends. Go out! Put in your mouth something sweet like gum, candy something you don-t think you need smoke. Good luck!
ah, no ideas! cause Id be on that ledge with ya! lol!
Booty...but shhhhh....just an idea. No keep yourself busy, find somthing you enjoy or somthing to keep your mind off smoking like knitting...or painting or lawncare...me I exersise but I never smoked...so Give yourself some time...
Put something in your hand that reminds you of the feel of a smoke, or even a unlit one. Just remember not to have a lighter anywhere near you. Puff on it as if you are really smoking. Use a pen to bite on the lid, it helps to feel those things in your hands and mouth just like when you were smoking. Also brushing your teeth more then you ordinarily did sometimes helps. Soon, the cravings will eventually subside. Keep busy if you can. The first week is the hardest, getting that nicotine out of your system, that-s a tough one, keep going, by week two, those cravings will be way easier to deal with. Try your hardest not to think about it.
Hey! I wish my husband would quit, but he would end up killing someone instead of jumping out the window. ... My mother tried these flavored toothpicks, they were eculyptis or tea tree ...something like that. Anyway, they helped her by keep something in her mouth and freshened her breath, but I am sad to say that she started smoking again...... he spouse wouldn-t quit, so she just gave up.

I wish you lots of luck!
Take one day at a time. Develope another habit but make it a good one. Congratulations!
Get some Nicorette gum, make sure you follow the instructions properly. Within a week you will crave the gum not the feeling of smoking. Then you can step from the strong gum to the week and gradually ease off the gum. Make sure your home contains no cigarettes, no ash trays, no lighters, no temptation.

Realize that smoking will kill you in a horrific way, and as you get older you will look like a wrinkled leather sack. You can do it!
You need to replace one habit with another. Try replacing your cravings with going for a walk, excercising or chewing gum. My mom quit by the walking thing. Everytime she had a craving, she would go for a brisk walk to try and keep her mind busy from the cravings. She-s been smoke free for over 12 years now
No but make sure that the window is open! U don-t want flying glass on the street might harm a child!
Eat. You can lose the weight. eat cinnamon flavored toothpicks and keep your hands busy!It-s all mental right?
Tell us, what you fill the void with.
hypno therapy
yes.......hope u listen to me and try it. working out will help you a lot curve the crave
Good for you!!!! Smoking-s nasty!
Try Peppermints - Nicorette gum....
you can be on nicotine gum. ud need to chew it everry 10mins n let it be in your mouth. there r nicotine patches available too. these r sum best medically available options. howevevr no persoal experience
I quit smoking yesterday, any ideas on how I can stop myself from jumping out the window???? -