I need to quit smoking, my six year old son found my cigarettes and broke them up and through them in the? -

Saturday, May 7, 2011

I need to quit smoking, my six year old son found my cigarettes and broke them up and through them in the? -


garbage. Told me he loves my heart and smoking makes hearts sick and does not want my heart to die...... He does not know how that comment broke my heart. anybody quit cold turkey??
Get the book -Easy Way to Quit- by Allen Carr. It is working for me!! It helps with the 2 problems related to quitting: 1. the nicotine addiction and 2. the brainwashing that makes you believe it-s hard to quit. And you don-t even have to stop smoking until you have finished reading the book and learned how to un-brainwash yourself so you can be successful.
It-s actually easy! Believe me, if I can do it, anyone can! And yes I suppose it is a -cold turkey- method, but it doesn-t feel like it. In fact, it feels like I am not giving anything up at all but instead gaining my freedom! I finished the book several days ago and am smoke free and am not pining or aching for a cigarette. Nicotine withdrawal is really not bad at all, in fact it-s kind of a rush. I have sensations and feelings I have not enjoyed since I was a kid because the smoking was dulling my senses and I did not realize it till I stopped. I can-t wait for the next few weeks to see what other great things are in store for my body and mind!
Best wishes. You can do it.
Yes you can quit cold turkey. My husband did it about 8 years ago. He just didn-t buy any more cigarettes and chewed lots of gum and sucked on hard candy. I am surprised you are still smoking though with a child in the home since the risks to him are awful just from you smoking. Good luck and you can do this if you set your mind to it.
Yes, I quit cold turkey 23 years ago. My body told me and when you own body gives you a sign, then you had better listen. I had a chest pain one day that just about knock me off my chair. I threw that pack away and that was it. Plus, my Mother-s side of the family had a history of cancer, so that help me quit as well.
Awwww, I too am a smoker, but being torn between the addiction and the child is tough. I used to do it to my mom too. I quit for a year on the patch... cold turkey will make you aggrivated and anxious I wouldnt recomend it. Mostly because youll have a bad experience attached to quitting, too many people try to do that first and it takes longer. The patch is the BEST way! It cut all my cravings 90%. Only trigger points would effect me but those dwindle in time. Best of luck to you. Even though it hurts, you know your son is right.
My mom quit cold turkey... instead she found something else to be addicted to, chocolate covered raisins. She said it was helpful to have something she could munch on to distract her from cigarettes. I-ve heard it varies a lot from person to person so i would say just be patient and try a lot of different things until you see what works for you. It is completely worth it though!! GOOD LUCK!
Aww, your son sounds so cute. It-s good to hear how much he cares about you, and how he-s motivated you to give up. I personally haven-t smoked, but I used to pester my Dad sooo much to give up.
But one day he just decided to quit on his own.
He did it kinda cold turkey, no patches or anything.
Whenever he felt like a cigarette he chewed gum or ate mint sweets. Sure, he found it hard..but it-s worth it and he is saving a lot money and it-s better for his health. :)
I need to quit smoking, my six year old son found my cigarettes and broke them up and through them in the? -