Whats the best way to quit smoking and stay quit? -

Monday, May 16, 2011

Whats the best way to quit smoking and stay quit? -


I used the commit lozenges. I have been off smoking for 2 months now and they really help especially in the first 3-4 weeks of quitting. You truly have to want to quit though. There isn-t any magic medicine that will make you quit. You have to tell yourself in your mind that you are now a non-smoker and smoking a ciggarette is not an option. Take it day by day. Each day without a cigarette gets you one step closer to beating the addiction!! I smoked about 15 cigarettes and day and quit on an impulse. No planning, no anything. I just quit. You can do it! Good Luck!
A few years ago, I read about a guy in one of the advice columns (Ann Landers, I think) who wanted to quit smoking. He bought a bunch of candy canes, and every time he had the urge for a cigarette, he-d suck on one of those candy canes. Mint is good because it helps calm you down. Holding the candy cane gave his hands something to do, and the sucking motion (I guess) mimics inhaling from a cancer stick. He said in three weeks he had lost his desire for cigarettes.

But, really, the best thing is never to start.
For me, it was using the new prescription drug called Chantix to quit. You may have seen commercials for it on TV. That made it a LOT easier to quit than other methods. Once you-re off that drug the urge to smoke does return, but by that time you-ve gone three months without smoking, and the urge to smoke again is lessened by yourself thinking, -Hey, I-ve already made it for three months, I-m not going to start up again now-. Below is a link for Chantix where you can read about it.
I know a lot of people who quit and generally the best way is to just quit cold turkey.
In a communist country you have a point.This is the U.S.A. you can like it,love it or get the heck out......We can talk,drink,smoke....Read and weap///..4,,.,/2/1/1/
i smoke marijuana almost daily. cigs almost everytime i smoke. the one thing thats helping me is working out. i actually kinda like lifting now. also my chest would kill everytime i worked out, so i realized how its not good. of course nicotine patches and ****, but thats not that helpful if ur hardcore. try switching to all natural pouch tobacco and roll ur own cigs. this helps rid of the chemicals and **** in produtcion cigs. just set limits on urself and all should turn out fine. DONT EAT wen u craving. dont wanna see a skinny chick go fat
I have a friend who used to smoke 2 packs a day and quit almost right away when he was prescribed Chantix. I-ve also known people who had success with the patch. It really depends on how committed you are to quitting. If you REALLY want to quit and think you need some assistance, call the tobacco quit line or try Chantix.
Each time you wanna smoke a cigarette, chew a gum instead of that...
The only way that worked for me was to get pregnant. Then I couldn-t do that to my baby. I just set them down and suffered for a day or two and never touched them again.
never start!!!!!!
I am having the same problem... I don-t know how to quit. Next week I am going to try that new perscription everyone has been buzzing about. A friend of mine is on it and is having stellar results... and she-s losing weight.

And don-t forget when you do quit don-t replace smoking with food... that is the only reason you gain weight.
In the Search for questions slot type in -quit smoking- and you will get at least 6,725 results.
Whats the best way to quit smoking and stay quit? -