How many of you have quit smoking? Any tips? -

Monday, April 25, 2011

How many of you have quit smoking? Any tips? -


my husband quit smoking almost a year ago, he said he has been smoking since he was 14, he is 36 now,, he also told me he tried to quit before and he did it for maximum, 6 months,, i see that he was just -really willing to quit smoking-,, i dont smoke at all, probably it helped him too. even when i know that the body developes an habit for nicotine i also think you really need to feel that you -really, really want to quit- all the luck for you!
I quit a 5 pack a day habit after smoking 50 something years

The will to quit is # 1
an anti-anxiety drug was the best help for me
I started smoking for a very stupid reason. when i was in college some guy was smoking next to me. Stupid me thought i would try one and that would be that. Boy was i wrong. i came home for Christmas and my dad warned me that i would get addicted. I just did not listen. I have smoked on and off for the past 9 years. My doc gave me a new drug called chantix. you keep smoking while you take the first pack of of the drug (i think its 10 days) and than you stop smoking, but keep taking the pills until you are ready to stop. My advice for those who smoke or are thinking about it. DONT even have one cig.. once you do you are hooked and for those who already do smoke. STOP. i know its easier said than done, but you will feel better, you will smell better and most of all..you will live lot longer.
How many of you have quit smoking? Any tips? -