Best way to quit smoking/help someone quit? -

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Best way to quit smoking/help someone quit? -


My dad has been a smoker for 30 years. He has tried to quit at least 3 times before with no success. Do any of you have a personal experience with helping someone quit/quitting yourself? Can you tell me what worked for you? Tips?
I-ve tried just about every method there is out there with zero success.
Gum patches and all the other just did not cut it for me, not to mention cold turkey which was the hardest, I even tried the electric cig and it is just no match to the real thing.
Until a friend told me about a NLP method, you could do the same for your dad :).
Get him to check out this article http://www.squidoo.com/Not_Smoking_Any_More
It’s the one that got me off the cigs and smoke free for GOOD even without gaining weight! :)

Good luck!
J.
When you quit smoking be sure you have enough preparation, support, learning new coping skills, medications and other quit smoking aids, and learning to stay smoke-free for good. Expert help might be very beneficial. Talk to your doctor, a nurse or even a psychologist about quitting advice. Seek out quit smoking programs locally. Check with local hospitals, healthcare centers and non-profit organizations.
Smoking is a horrible habit. I quit a 2 pack a day habit using an electronic cigarette. They are amazing. The last time I had a traditional cigarette was an hour before I got my e-cig in the mail. I have not had the desire to smoke a traditional cigarette ever since. They don-t stink at all and you can smoke them indoors at bars and restaurants. I feel a million times better now. Here is a link to the company I buy from. They have one of the best reputations in the e-cig world and great prices. Good luck on your journey to a healthier you.
www.greensmoke.com/learn
hi nhoang26

if indeed you father, or anybody wants to quit... good luck, i quit several times myself, before finding something that works.. its not easy but it is doable.. i smoked for over 40 years, and have been free of tobacco for over 5 years now..

the one thing that i found is that i couldent quit alone.. i needed a support group.. i attend nicotine anonymous meetings both locally, and online.. meetings are as close as your computer

Nicotine Anonymous is a Non-Profit 12 Step Fellowship of men and women helping each other live nicotine-free lives. Nicotine Anonymous welcomes all those seeking freedom from nicotine addiction, including those using cessation programs and nicotine withdrawal aids. The primary purpose of Nicotine Anonymous is to help all those who would like to cease using tobacco and nicotine products in any form. The Fellowship offers group support and recovery using the 12 Steps as adapted from Alcoholics Anonymous to achieve abstinence from nicotine.


check out this site for several daily online voice meetings

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/voi…

hi so i actually have a very similar situation. both of my parents were smokers for many years and for the past few years ive really been trying to get them to quit. hasnt worked for my mom yet but my dad finally got there. they both wanted to quite badly and i really mean badly, but they just couldnt. they tried quitting for the longest time, using the patch and the gum and other stuff like that. it finally got to the point where my dad was really hitting rock bottom and realized what he was doing to himself and our family and. we got him this program online, which had actually been recommended to us by someone else who used it. he did the program and thank god, it worked. so he hasnt smoked a cigarette in a long time. my mom hasnt tried it yet but we are hoping that she will soon. anyway here the link to it. i hope everything works out and that he quits. it sounds like you are doing a really good job of motivating him and making sure that he doesnt give up.

http://product-reviews-online.com/quit_s…

Chantix works the best.

But if he-s trying to quit cold turkey my best advice is to do it slowly. He should start reducing the amount of cigs by one a day and keep lowering it at a steady pace until he gets down to one a day and then finally quit completely.
THis is a program I just got for my mom after turning to it as a last resort. I know it seems stupid and maybe too good to be true but I want to help you. Give it a try


http://a6b1b7p507um4mam321r1dog-j.hop.cl…

see this website
http://ebooksinlowprice.110mb.com/Quit-S…
Best way to quit smoking/help someone quit? -