I had decided to quit smoking after many years. Any suggesstions to help other than those patches? -

Monday, March 25, 2013

I had decided to quit smoking after many years. Any suggesstions to help other than those patches? -


well I quit smoking and bought a bag of dumb dumb suckers. I kept one in my car and one at home. It was something to do. You still need that oral sensation. I think they helped me get over it. It took my mind off of them. So anytime I wanted to smoke I would get a dumb dumb. I hope this helps you. Good luck!
I am not sure if quitting cold turkey would work , so why not one ciggy at a time?? it may take longer but it might be easier on the system?????
Different things work for different people. I would suggest talking to your doctor, and educating yourself on the topic. There are TONS of websites that can give you better information than you will find here. Here are just a couple:


http://www.lungusa.org/site/pp.asp?c=dvL…



http://www.gosmokefree.co.uk/



http://www.quitsmokingsupport.com/



http://www.cancer.org/docroot/PED/conten…



http://www.whyquit.com/



http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/how2quit.htm



http://www.nicotine-anonymous.org/


Ok. It-s more than a couple. And there are so many more! Good luck with this. It is an addiction, so it is really hard work. But you can do it! Many people do. If you stick it out, you will not regret it one bit!
gum..
I-m currently using Chantix. I-m on day 5, and I-ve had no side effects. It has cut my smoking significantly and I-m not anxious, pissy, or nervous. Check out their website for all the info. It costs about $124 a month. I-m also going back to my acupuncturist as part of my stop smoking program (yeah it really helps, and no, it doesn-t hurt).
I have to agree with the substitution method. Use a -LOW CALORIE- substitue or you will gain weight.

Drink coffee to get the stimulant effect you miss when you quit nicotine. Quitting is tough, takes a force of will, but is worth it. You will eventually get un-hooked!!

Hint: NEVER EVER EVER Smoke ANYTHING ever again. Once an addict- always an addict.
Cold turkey, nic gum, nic inhalers, or you could try Chantix. It-s a new pill on the market that is supposed to take away the desire to smoke. There are also many quit smoking websites and support groups you can go to. www.quitnet.com. www.quitsmokingonline.com are two that I used with success.

I wouldn-t suggest quitting one cigarette at a time, in my many attempts at quitting the one thing I did learn for sure was that I can-t quit smoking by smoking.

Good luck!
You are lacking determination, devotion, decision making and strong desire.
You say that you had decided. Is it like that decided to quit but not to implement?
First thing is that you should have a strong desire, second make a decision that you will never touch a cigar or any other thing of its- kind. Third you should be determined with your decision, there should not be any change if you find that you have taken a right decision. Fourth you should devote yourself to any good work and not such silly things.
Now itsef decide that you will never touch a cigar and implement it everyday. If your mind pulls you towards it you tell it -not today, let us see tomorrow- and that tomorrow will never come in your life! Go ahead. Best luck.
Nicotine gum helps a lot. Also, going where there are people smoking can make you crave it more. Make a routine every time you have a craving, like eating a small peice of chocolate or drinking a glass of juice or water... Good luck!
I had decided to quit smoking after many years. Any suggesstions to help other than those patches? -