HOw do I quit smoking without eating too much? -

Monday, March 25, 2013

HOw do I quit smoking without eating too much? -


try chewing on something.other than the nicotine part of smoking it is part oral fixation too.
excercise is good!
I went to the local farmer-s market and bought a big bag (20 lb) of small pecans. They both keep my hands busy and they provide healthy nutrition instead of the other junk I have taken in past attempts. By buying the small pecans, and I do mean the ones that are too small to go into most commercial offerings, I bought them cheaply and have to do a lot of work for very little food.

That was my solution. Hope it works for you.

Regards and good luck.
Chantix, the new Rx drug
Depending on where you live, look up Laser Concepts. It is a pain-free procedure that cost me $300 the first treatment. If for any reason you feel the need to pick up a cig call them and they will give you another treatment as long as you don-t smoke a cig. You have the option of getting three treatments after the first one for free within a six month period from the first time you got the treatment. I tried it and I stopped smoking without gaining any weight. You don-t have the feeling that you are missing something and that is why most people gain weight because they turn to food. Good Luck!
Try replacing the cigarette with gum.

That-s how I quit. Sugar free gum all day long.
I-m in the midst of quitting after 12+ years...

gum and mints help and can be low calorie... I-m using small bottles of water that will help me to lessen my appetite, it-s healthy, and it gives me something to replace the hand to mouth motion that is so habitual.
Try sigars!
Most importantly by contolling your silver ware.
Exercise - every time you want a cigarette, go for a run tell the need is gone. The more you exercise the less you will feel the need to smoke, and the less weight gain you will have.
My BF is using the Nicoderm CQ patch and it-s working great for him! When I quit, I chewed sugar free gum. :)
Keep loads of HEALTHY snacks around at home, work, in the car, where ever you usually smoke.

DO NOT buy the ho ho-s and cupcakes...stock up on carrots, celery, peanuts....etc.

Also, try the inhaler that you use like a cigarette...that seems to help the -oral fixation- aspect of smoking.
try nicotine patch or chewing-gum or else u can undergo councelling.
But remember -Smoking reduce the weight......yes destroy one lung at a time-
Use a patch- that will curb the nicotine cravings.
Start taking walks- physical activity will not only curb the food and cigarette cravings, but it will help your body detoxicate.
Also, buy one of those grip balls that you can squeeze, and use it whenever you-d smoke out of boredom.
Also, keep fresh carrots, celery, apples (crunchy veggies and fruit) handy and clean, so that you can munch on those if you really need to eat something between meals.
Good luck!
I noticed a lot of good answers on here, the exercise is perfect, if you aren-t an active person that doesn-t want to exercise, the gum works well, just buy lots of your favorite gum, and every time you want a cig, grab a piece of gum. My smoking trigger was the telephone, I could not talk on the phone without a cig, so try to avoid situations that make you want to smoke, brushing your teeth, or washing your hands also helps, when you get that urge for a cig, leave the room brush your teeth, wash your hands, they say the urge for a cig goes away in about 5 minutes, so try to keep busy doing something else for those 5 min. Food tastes so much better when you aren-t smoking so do keep around healthy snacks, or crushed ice worked for me, get a cup of ice and crunch away, The 3rd day, and the 3rd week are the hardest to get over. Good Luck!!!!
I lost weight and found it hard to eat when I quit. But I lose weight when under stress.
Drinking water helped me when I quit... for 2 months :)
Tape your mouth shut. no cigs or food can go in that way!
I am going through this right now, because I quit smoking. Instead of eating alot of junk when I crave a cig I usually just chew some gum or suck on mints and jolly ranchers.

http://www.rfshieldbox.com

Purchase a nicotine removing filter[s],or cartridge. Use this with your regular cigarettes, through several packs. Next, try chewing a nicotine gum solo. If you can-t do it alternate back and forth until you can. Finally diet on sugar free pudding pops and fruit juice bars combined with an otherwise high protein-low carb menu with the nicotine gum as long as you need. Tip:When you master this try cinnamon hot gum etc. and various cough lozenges.
HOw do I quit smoking without eating too much? -