Hints to Quit Smoking? -

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Hints to Quit Smoking? -


My husband NEEDS to quit smoking and he is really having a hard time. He has NO will power. he has tried nicorette, commit, etc... hates them all. Any suggestions...
A Yahoo search for -how to quit smoking- can help.
I don-t really think those nicotine gums are such a good idea either: They just replace one source of nicotine (which is a poison) with another.

He needs to do something that will keep his mind off those cigarettes. Perhaps he can join a local gym and work out with some of the other guys. And help him keep a pack of Dentyne on hand: That way if he starts making any hand-to-mouth motions, he-ll have something to put in his mouth besides a stick.

Another thing that he might try doing is joining a support group of some sort, since he can-t do it alone.

A third thing you two can do together is clean the house thoroughly. If he can-t smell cigarettes, he-ll be less likely to try to reach for them. And if he sees the brown that he washes off the windows- or whatever- and realizes that that-s exactly what-s been going into his lungs- that just might give him the healthy scare he needs.

Good luck, both of you!
Have him make an appointment with his doctor. There are many smoking cessation aids out there. His doctor can determine which, if any, would be best for him.

Suggest that he join a support group. Mine is Nicotine Busters,
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Nic…
They provide great information and support.

Good luck to you and your husband!!!!
I stopped smoking 8 months ago when they raised the tax on a carton of cigarettes by $10. It wasn-t that I wouldn-t have been able to afford the higher price or even that I particularly wanted to quit. The damn arrogance of it made me so mad I just decided the hell with them. The blood-sucking government won-t get another dime out of me via cigarettes.

I had smoked from the early age of 12 to age 67.

My point, anger helped me to quit cold turkey. Maybe if you can get your husband angry enough at the overdone taxes on cigarettes he will quit. Just a though. Hope it helps.
I have been quit for more than 2 months after smoking for 35 years using Chantix. It really helps!
the only way he will quit is he has to want it. I just quit smoking 2 weeks ago and had some reservations about whether or not I could do it...but because I wanted to do it, that made it that much easier. He won-t be able to quit unless he really wants to.
Quit Assist .com! actually i don-t if thats the website but i-m sure if you typed in quit assist into a search engine you-d find it. good luck! i-m glad your trying to get your husband to quit!! sometimes people need to take different ways. like maybe he could quit with someone else, or gradually cut down, or just quit cold turkey.
idk, but if he really wants to quit, he could do it, no matter the will power. my grandmother stopped smoking when she heard my mom was pregnant, no niccoret r anything, just stopped in 1 nite. it depends on ur amount of self discipline.
Hints to Quit Smoking? -