Quit smoking? -

Friday, July 5, 2013

Quit smoking? -


I quit smoking a couple of days ago. I am using Welbutrin to help me get over my cravings. It works. But now I feel as someone is chocking me (not that dramatic), but I have this pressure in or on my Throat . I coughed quite a bit in the last couple of days, but it-s getting better too. I normally use an inhaler for my -astma- that only shows symptoms when i excersice. I have noticed that the inhaler helps me when I feel that my chest is tight as well. I know I should not use it for this reason, but it helps is all im saying. Is this a normal feeling with the sore/thightness of my throat, and how long does it take for me to feel better and breathe better?
Your body is craving the nicotine, like ur lungs and throat. So you-re gradually -weening- it off. The longer you stop smoking, the less it-ll -ache- for it. I was like that for about 2 weeks. Sometimes so bad I HAD to make myself go sleep. Don-t start smoking though. Once you do, the -ache- does stop but once you try to stop again, it-ll come back much harder. The coughing is normal. They should subside within a week of quitting. The coughing will get worse but they have to in order to get better. If you are having concerns, see your doc.
It took me about a month to start breathing better and tasting better. After about 2 after, I hated the smell of a cigarette. The cravings got less but still there. Sometimes they come really hard and bad out of no where but keep at it. Wait 10 mins and they will pass. Good luck! Congrats on quitting!!! =)
Hmm... that-s a tuffy. Have you asked your doctor? It could be bad or it could be harmless. Don-t worry.
Congradulations on quitting!!!I dont know too much about welbutrin.Is this a side affect?When I quit,I didnt havetightness in my throat,but I did in my chest.Deep breathe as much as you can.I started doing yoga,and it really helped.Its been over a year since I quit.Hang in there! You can do this!
Quit smoking? -