Im really trying to quit smoking...but i am really afraid to gain weight...? -

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Im really trying to quit smoking...but i am really afraid to gain weight...? -


I also want to know if quiting will help clear up my face? Dumb question, but i think it might, if i can get my body running on vitamins instead of nicotine. I think the smoking is messing up my hormones.
Quit smoking, then get on a proper diet and exercise routine. Join a gym and get training sessions. Most people use gaining weight as an excuse not to quit. It really doesn-t hold a lot of water... if you quit smoking and eat right and exercise, your body will be more efficient at losing weight.

Love Jack
start working out( jogging ,walking, jumpping, running, biking, kick boxing and more) eat healthy no junk food and no sodas, drink plenty of water
read about fitness
look at my profile with great websites
Congrats on your attempt to quit. It is a tough road but do-able with enough will power, and a huge benefit to your health and well being. I quit 10 years ago, and it isn-t easy. Some will power and a day to day committment will help you. You have a definite concern regarding the weight gain. Not all people gain, but most, especially women do if they do not alter their lifestyle. For one thing, you will taste foods better, so will eat more and possibly things not too healthy to maintain your weight. You must start now to carefully watch what you eat. Seriously. Also, your metabolism will take a downturn for a short while, but if you incorporate some daily exercise, as brisk walking, or something other that will raise and maintain your heartrate for 30 minutes, you will do just fine. Buy yourself some sugarless gum or sugarless mints, or candy and keep them all at hand. If you make sure that your daily food intake is a healthy mixture of things necessary to maintain a good metabolic movement, your chances of success in stopping smoking for good, and keeping fat off will be excellent. And good luck!
Let me tell you, I have recently quit and it has been worth it. Yes I have gained a bit of weight but it-s nothing I can-t work off in a couple of months. I have put on an additional 10 pounds and my size 6 pants don-t fit anymore. So what, the money I-m not spending on smokes, I am going to spend on new clothes. I don-t smell like smoke any more. My clothes house and car don-t smell anymore. It is a wonderful feeling. And I kicked the habit without any -stop smoking aids.- Just plain old willpower.

Good Luck and it is sssooooooo worth it.
Quit smoking 1 pack a day and put on a lot of weight. The first couple to weeks I always had some type of food in my mouth.

I stopped smoking on 9-19-06, so now I am exercising and eating better to drop the weight which is now dropping quickly that the side effects of smoking has decreased.

Best of luck !

If you put on weight, don-t keep it, start exercising right away and try to eat healthy as you go through withdrawal which is hard to do.
Hon---I quit 2 years ago, after 27 years of smoking 2-3 packs of KOOLs a day.
And YES, I gained weight, but I lost it when the addiction was gone...
And my doc said he preferred the weight gain to the cigarettes!!!!

You can do it--but it is HARD!!! You have to be very determined to quit.
Get a piece of paper. On one side, list all the benefits of smoking. It-ll be a very short list. On the other, list the detriments. Stop at 20.

Possibly gaining weight is much less health threatening than continuing to smoke.

And yes, nicotine is messing up your skin.
People smoke because they have a addicting personality, hence being afraid of gaining waite...
Clearing up your face, if you think it will hard enough it just might...
If you are happily married get addicted to sex....everytime you want a smoke have sex. No more smoking :0)
People tend to think that the weight gain is due to pacifying the need to put something in your mouth. In other words, you substitute food for the cigarettes. This is partially responsible but actually a combination of that combined with the fact that nicotine is a stimulant. It stimulates your metabolism and when it-s gone, your metabolism slows down. My suggestion is that when you do quit smoking, chew lots of gum and start your day with at least 20 minutes of cardio-vascular exercise.
I would imagine it would help clear up your face because you would be eliminating the toxins from your system that you ingest with cigarettes. It certainly would not hurt.

Good luck!
Start a workout plan when you quit. I did, and I lost 40 pounds so far.
Im really trying to quit smoking...but i am really afraid to gain weight...? -