Quit Smoking? -

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Quit Smoking? -


Does anyone know what the name of the prescripion medication that can be obtained from a doctor in if they have had any success? I have chemist products but not successfully

Betty
Chantix. It has about an 80% success rate. the rest really do not want to quit.

I quite cold turkey 4 months ago and I still crave every time I drive.
Hello Betty,

It is good to hear that you want to kick the habit! I personally found the guide offered at
http://www.stoppingsmokingtips.net
to be very helpful when I quit smoking. Good luck to you!
the best thing for quiting smoking is a good dose of will power. all your nicotiene replacement things are useless without the burning - desperate desire to stop
Hi, Betty!

First off, congratulations on wanting to quit smoking! The best advice I can offer is to be ready to quit and to have a desire to live healthy. Once you start changing your habits to live healthier, smoking will be much easier to quit!

I think the medication you are talking about is Chantix. I tried Chantix, but it didn-t work for me.

Here-s what I-ve tried, what hasn-t worked, and what has.

I tried Chantix, but I had to stop taking it because of the side effects. I normally never suffer side effects to any medications and I have no known allergies, so I was bumbed when I couldn’t take it. Turns out there are lots of people who have problems with Chantix. But, then again, it works great from many people too, so it might be worth a shot, if you tried everything else.

Some of the side effects I experienced were an altered sense of smell and taste, anxiety, just feeling “weird”. I don’t really know how else to describe it, but I didn’t feel right and as soon as I stopped taking Chantix, I felt normal again. I really hated that everything I ate tasted terrible, I couldn’t enjoy my meals. Most smells were nauseatiung too, even nice scents. It was so annoying. I’ve looked around on several forums and this seems to be a common side effect. Personally, the withdrawal symptoms I had experienced in the past when doing the cold turkey thing were much more tolerable than the side effects of Chantix.

I also tried Wellbutrin (Zyban). It worked, but I went back to smoking 6 months later. And the bad thing about Wellbutrin is that it only works the first time you try it. Wellbutrin doesn’t work if you go back to smoking and try to use it to quit a second time. It also gives you really bad dry mouth, but that subsides after several weeks. I looked at it as a plus because it kept me drinking more water than usual, and that’s always a good thing.

If you are looking for something NATURAL that really works, with no side effects, I have 2 recommendations. I tried everything (patch, gum, cold turkey, prescription meds, etc.) in the past to quit and nothing worked as good as this. I recommend it to everyone! I did both of these and have been cigarette free for 2 years and do not ever have cravings! It is so great, and I just want to share it with anyone who really wants to quit. You WILL stop smoking for good. It will change your life. Everyone I have recommended this product to has quit! You can get all the info here:
http://www.optimumlifenow.com/QuitSmokin…


I wish you the best of luck no matter which of the many available methods you decide to use.
Quit Smoking? -