I have quit smoking. gums and lips? -

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

I have quit smoking. gums and lips? -


i have recently quit smoking and i-m currently in my nicotine withdrawal phase and it feels really horrible but i-m gonna manage i-m sure.

i have been a heavy smoker for 8 years now and my lips and gums have gotten darker. i was wondering if they would return to its natural color as time passes..or are there any home remedies to make them lighter again? esp my gums.

thank you.
Yes they will definitely return to normal, but it can take time, so I suggest multivitamin supplements and eat healthy, ie leafy veggies that are colorful. It will come back to normal.
Time is the best healer.I-d been through the same.In a year your gums will get back to normal.Your lips will get faster give them 3 months maximum.Congratulation!:)
What you describe sounds like a textbook case of what we should call, -Starving Tissue-, meaning that you describe gum tissue that is grossly unhealthy due to both smoking and poor diet. You do of course need a complete dental examination. But, did you know that Vitamin -C- is very important to gum tissue and smoking removes -C- from your body almost as fast as it-s taken it. Add that to the fact that the body doesn-t store Vitamin -C-, it uses it on a continuous basis which is pretty fast. You have quit the habit so your on the right road. You can improve your gum tissue by eating a healthy diet and take a really good vitamin regimen that is high in vitamins A-E-C-D-B and Zinc...a pharmacist can tell you a good brand to take. Good luck and I wish you well.
I have quit smoking. gums and lips? -