Quit smoking and cant stop eating? -

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Quit smoking and cant stop eating? -


Have any of you had this problem? I am 32 and have been smoking since I was 9. I quit Saturday but now I can-t stop eating! I feel like I-m gonna vomit yet I still have to eat. Anybody got any suggestions? I feel like starting back up because I-ve never felt so sick to my stomach!
Yes, this is very common. It is because you are so accustomed to having gratification via your mouth. Try pandering to this need by drinking a glass of water. It-s best not to just tough it out because you already have enough stress with nicotine cravings.

Another thing you can do is get a plastic straw and cut off a length about the length of a cigarette, and put a cigarette filter in one end (you can buy them where you buy makings for do it yourself cigs). Put a couple of drops of peppermint essential oil (or lemon, orange, what you like) and suck on it when you feel the need to eat. This worked really well for my friend when she quit smoking.

Oh and BTW congratulations, well done!
You-ll probably put on twenty pounds, but it-s worth it. You don-t want to be a human ashtray. Been there, done that.
Yeah, that-s why I hesitate to quit again. Each time I-ve quit, that-s the only thing that made the cigarette craving go away was to eat non-stop. My only suggestion, maybe chew sugar-free gum and try brushing your teeth a lot. Also, try exercising, it might take your mind off it, AND help you not to gain a lot of weight. The first time I quit, I gained almost 20 lbs.
have tons of carrots around and eat a lot of those.
no idea why,
but that seems like it would help.
have you tried EATING cigarettes? -- could kill 2 birds with 1 stone -- crunch em up - put in bowl, Got Milk? -- dunno, this way you might get sick of tobacco AND eating, end up on air - water for a while --
But if this good idea for new breakfast cereal (Tobacc-o-Puffs) let me know!...
sorry to hear that
i smoke n in trying to lose weight so i cant quit smoking now it wont work but i know how you feel see i cant even help myself on that so i cant really tell u but good luck i will wait for any good answers here
You-re replacing the feeling of the cigarettes in your mouth by putting food in there. The Nicotine withdrawal will cause problems like that too. Try some nicorette gum, or doing something to take your mind off it, like working out.
Quit smoking and cant stop eating? -