I need some help seriously! my husband lives in denial, how can i make him really quit smoking? this hurts me! -

Friday, November 21, 2014

I need some help seriously! my husband lives in denial, how can i make him really quit smoking? this hurts me! -


I am a non smoker but his co-workers and best friends smoke big time, i guess that doesn-t help any, i have no idea what to do! i love him dearly, but if he doesn-t quit i guess i will have to leave him, i couldn-t stand watching as he self destructs.
Whatever happened to -for better or for worse?-

have him smoke outside, winter is coming and he-ll slack off.
Quiting is hard, and bugging him about it is only going to make him want to do it more.

eventually most smokers attempt quitting, It-s a very difficult thing to do. Especially if you are stressed out, and it-s hard to quit when you are always around others who do.
I-m not enabling his behaviour, but just sit him down and tell him how much you love him, and how much this hurts you. then drop it. He-ll come around.
Has he always smoked? Did he just start? If he was a smoker when you got married you can-t really be mad that he is smoking now. If you really want him to quit he is going to need your help and support. He can get the patch, or medications to help quit. Remember it takes the average smoker 8 attempts at quitting before they really do it.
No addict has ever quit any addiction because someone was telling them how bad their addiction is. It doesn-t work that way.

It seems you are emotionally attached to this, which is not healthy for you. I would suggest you research some type of -letting go-, for your own sanity.
This works...period. You have to get him to buy into this. It is a free site where people just simple help each other quit.

stopsmokingcenter.org

You go on it first. I quit on 1/12/07 and feel great, but wanted to quit...check it out for yourself...if he is really into it my e-mail is jimatusm@usmtg.com...I will help if he asks..
Find evidence against smoking and tell him. if he says he can-t stop, try chucking all the ciggaretts. It-ll help slightly. Make sure he stops smoking even with his friends. threaten him that you-ll divorce because you can-t put up with it. if he loves you, then he-ll stop. try it out. even use the guilt trick. But if you have kids, it-ll be a very very very bad problem
I need some help seriously! my husband lives in denial, how can i make him really quit smoking? this hurts me! -