Trying to quit smoking, have bad cravings? -

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Trying to quit smoking, have bad cravings? -


how can i ignore the cravings? i am going on holiday this weekend so can-t smoke anyway. but how can i not get moody? and what can i do to ease them?
You can ignore them! Believe me! I quit the middle of last October, and have only smoked one cigarette and one cigar in those six months! Yes, I couldn-t resist the temptation about a month ago when I took my son-s truck in to have the A/C charged up and seen the mechanic smoking in the shop, and I asked to bum one from him which led me to buy a cigar the next day and smoke it. But, I still think that is exceptional restraint considering I was smoking about 3/4 of a pack a day! What happened that made me quit is that I caught a cold and started wheezing bad at night. It seemed as if a litter of puppies were in my bed whimpering when the room was completely quiet. What makes it so bad is that it is still going on now, and I have to use inhalers and an albuterol breathing fogger machine to make it quiet down. The wheezing on top of the nine years of breaking deadlines of when I had said that I was going to quit are what made me go ahead and do it. Those damn cigarettes will give you lung problems, high blood pressure, cancer, emphysema, and prostate problems if you-re a man. Which of the ones listed do I have now THAT I KNOW OF: high blood pressure, prostate problems, lung problems. The only ones I didn-t list are cancer and emphysema. So, go figure!
Every time you think you want a cigarette just think about one reason why your life is better without smoking.

As for getting moody, I don-t think there-s any way around it. If you-ve decided to stop using smoking as an emotional crutch, you-ll have to be willing to deal with more ups and downs. I gueess the advantage is that the good times you have will be better without smoking.
I feel for you bc I tried so many years to quit and just kept falling up until I got diagnosed with an incurable disease was when I quit cold turkey. I knew the health hazards etc...but just never thought it can happen to me...I-ve been smoke free now for 4 months (Praise the Lord) but wish I had quit long time ago before I ran into health problems. Hang out with people that don-t smoke that way you won-t be influenced. Try to keep busy, busy, busy. Sign up for something you always wanted to learn guitar or piano, gardening or photography. Maybe even health cooking class or even swimming, diving, aerobics, dance classes etc...
The more busy you keep yourself the less you-ll be tempted to smoke or eat after the smoking.

Take Vit. C, vit. E, multi-vit., calcium
Eat lots of fruits - veggies. Make your own fresh fruit - veggie juices.
Drink grn or blk tea 3xs a day.
Drink 8-10 glasses of water daily.

Here-s a good article to read that has good tips.
Quitting Smoking – Help for Cravings and Tough Situations

http://www.cancer.org/docroot/PED/conten…

i been trying 2 put my cigs in a inconvenient place - keep chewing gum. i try to put them where its 2 much trouble 2 get at them like leave -em upatairs. then i feel 2 lazy 2 go up - dig -em out.
Ginger, either chew it raw or eat Ginger Nuts.
Trying to quit smoking, have bad cravings? -