How to concentrate on work while quitting smoking? -

Friday, May 8, 2015

How to concentrate on work while quitting smoking? -


I just quit smoking and its finals week. So how do I become healthy and successful at the same time? I cant concentrate because the stress from quitting smoking is too harsh.But I dont want to give up.
Congrats on trying to quit. I quit smoking 5 1/2 weeks ago. No sure it will help but I will describe my experience.

I tried to use the patches over the course of the first 2 days at every level and they all made me physically sick. Symptoms included dizziness and nausea and a headache. I went to my doctor on the third day and she prescribed Zyban which is an antidepressant. After a day or so I definitely noticed it helping with the anxiety that quitting smoking was creating.

The first two and 1/2 weeks were pretty hard. I thought about smoking constantly - but the habit of it was the real problem. I was a chain smoker so everything I did reminded me of a cigarette. During the first 10 days I would cry for no reason and was just an over all wreck. I used blow pops, tootsie pops and hard candy suckers as a substitute. I didn-t care how silly I looked. In the beginning I went through 12 suckers, plus 1/2 pack a gum a day. Every day got easier. After about a week and a half I switched to jolly rancher hard candies.

After that 2 to 2 1/2 week mark every day got easier. Now I feel so incredibly better and am sooooo happy i went through all of it.

Also reward yourself everyday for not giving in. Even if it is just something small like dessert when you don-t normally.

In the short term: Surround yourself with supportive people. Keep away from smokers. Eat hard candy - stuff you can suck on not chew. Lasts longer. I used the blow pops cause they keeps your hands busy too. Remind yourself constantly why u are doing it. Try to relax - I know how hard it is. Scream or cry if you must. Try a smoking cessation aid like the patch, gum, or pill.

Good luck!!!
Have you tried anything to help. My hussband went on the welbutrin antidepressent and he-s not a medecine man, he just somoked for sooooo many yrs. that that was the only way we could stand it, he was even bad then but, he had a hard time like you. don-t give up on anything just try to get help. Use the patch or hard candies or anything just do not give up. Prayers coming your way. good night.
chew gum maybe it will help maybe it wont but dosent hurt to try
How to concentrate on work while quitting smoking? -