How can I quit smoking? -

Wednesday, December 19, 2018

How can I quit smoking? -


I am not yet at the legal age to smoke. However I do, and have for a few years now.

However, I am starting to see health effects and its breaking my mothers heart.

I am too young to get the patch or nicotine gum.. so does anybody know any other techniques to help me quit?
1st off, i think youre amazing, for caring so much about your mom (:
youre not going to regret this, it will be one of the best decisions you ever make
(in the long run when you have a family and whatnot, i know you already know smoking hurts you and your family/friends)

smoke less a day. how ever many you smoke a day, CUT THAT IN HALF.

go a while with that, itll suck at first, but go at least a week.

after a week has gone by, and you see how strong your willpower is,

cut it in half again.

for example
if you smoke 10 a day
start somking 5 a day
then start smokin 2 a day.

eventually, youll be craving less and less.
yes its hard, but you can do it.

something that should motivate you (worked on me)
think about your family, and how they feel, with you smokin and what not. like they care so much about you, and im sure she never thought her child would start smoking, you know? think about the pain that its causing for people around you.
and the best motivator, your health.
if youre not legal yet, and already seeing health effects, then that should help you see, that you need to stop now, cause it will get a lot worse in 5 years. you dont wanna have cancer, lose all your hair, and let down your family. thts the part that breaks my heart. i know my family loves me and would hate my stupid habit.

so start smoking less a day and motivate yourself.
pick up another hobby, i know there is something else you like to do.
chill with friends who dont smoke.

sry this was incredibly long ,but i wanna help you.

also, if your mom knows you smoke, then why cant she get you the patch or nicotine gum?

also, if you have an older friend, or a friend with an older sister, ask them to get you some.
i mean you found a way to get the cigarettes right?
then you can definitly find a way to get the patch and/or gum.

email me if you got any questions
i wish you best of luck!!
youll be in my prayers hun (:
I recommend cutting down gradually until your quit date. I did this. I cut down to half a pack. I did this for three months. I smoked by the puff, not by the cigarette. I took only the amount of nicotine that was necessary to satisfy my urge to smoke and put the rest of the cigarette out.

After doing this for three months I quit cold turkey.

Now I-m eating more candy to distract me but its been 4 months. I have urges but they don-t last more than a second or two. If they-re lasting more than that then you-re concentrating on the cigarette. Don-t do it. Concentrate on something else.
You can try something called how to stop smoking chinese style.

Take a betel nut and make a hole in it. Fill the hole with tobacco tar. Place the nut in boiling water for two hours, remove it. Whenever you feel the urge to smoke, sniff the nut instead. After three days you should no longer feel the urge to smoke. =)
I was just in the same situation as you so what I did was limit myself how many I smoked in a day and after every week go down one or two and do this till your down to none a day worked great for me because its all in your head and if you tell yourself you can do it then you will.
That leaves just about one way. Quit buying cigarettes.
How can I quit smoking? -