How do I keep my figure once I quit smoking? -

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

How do I keep my figure once I quit smoking? -


I want to quit smoking but am afraid of gaining weight. I-ve always had a good body from working out daily and have been often complimented on how I look in a bikini.
Despite working out and eating well, I smoke 7 or 8 cigarettes a day and have for 10 years (since age 12) and I know it partly contributes to my staying thin.

Is it inevitable that I will gain weight once I quit eventhough I already am very disciplined in exercising and diet?
Absolutely not! Instead of smoking, eat some celery - it provides the same metabolic boost a ciggie gives you, but with virtually no calories. Plus, you-re already disciplined with your exercise, just keep it going. People tend to eat more after quitting because food tastes better.

Just a side note: No one looks good dead, bikini or otherwise. And I say this as a smoker - take the plunge, girl. It will be worth in in the long run. It-s cold outside, now-s the time to do it - if you gain a few pounds, it-s sweater weather for the next few months.

Best of luck!
If you eat well and exercise you will not gain weight. If need something to replace cigarettes, celery or carrots are best. They won-t make you gain weight and are very healthy. Your body will look and feel better when you stop smoking. Working out will feel easier and more satisfying when you quit smoking, making your work outs more productive. Also, your body-s inside affects what-s outside, and if you are healthier inside you will look healthier outside. The healthier you are the better you will look. Even people who gain 10 lbs when they quit smoking look better all around, even in a bikini.
I don-t smoke so I couldn-t really say. But the following websites are set up for this exact question:

http://quitsmoking.about.com/od/weightga…


http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2…


http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles…


http://www.pueblo.gsa.gov/cic_text/healt…

As it always goes with the smokers, their craving for nicotine is hard to be overcome. Every smoker swears that he will quit the habit -tomorrow- and forever, but it never happens. In my case, however, my physician had advised me to stop smoking as I suffered from migraines continuously for days and I had to miss my work. His prescription drugs only made me physically and mentally worse and soon I was out of my daily routine. I discontinued the drugs and continued to smoke as usual. One of my old friends told me to buy smoke deter to quit smoking.

I knew there were some supplements claiming to create an aversion to smoking, like -smoking aid-, -quit smoking in 7 days-, -anti smoking pill,- etc. The owners of suchlike products were making money by exaggerating the facts. I had tried some of these products but I did not find anything worthwhile in them and I was reluctant to buy smoke deter as one of such type of supplements.

One day, I got up from my seat in the middle of some important point in a meeting and went out to smoke a cigarette. My same old friend who was attending the meeting again advised me to buy smoke deter this time to give it a try.

I read the full details about smoke deter and came to know that unlike other supplements, it was purely a homeopathic combination and did not have any side effects. The supplements I had used had caused burning and inflammation in my mouth. Though, I was doubtful about it being safe to use, I bought it just to see if it worked as my health was seriously running down. I had its first dose in the form of a spray under my tongue and it tasted a little bit like alcohol mixed with something like a flower essence, which was relishing.

I used the remedy as per directions put on the label but didn-t find any effect on me. I was smoking as usual and I was very much worried about what to do further. In frustration, I discontinued its use and was thinking of some other alternative like self-hypnosis to boost my confidence to quit the habit at once. But after a few days, I did felt its effect and whenever I wanted to smoke, I found there was not an intense urge like before. It is more than a year now I haven-t smoked a single cigarette.

The smoke deter is free from any crude herbal substances and it contains only herbal dilutions in tincture form or in potency to act mildly on human organism and some dilutions in 200c to affect the mental sphere to get rid of the habit of smoking.

Check the url in the source box below for a free trial and also more info about this product.It seems to confirm some of my comments and is dedicated to helping smokers improve their health, fitness and beat the smoking habit.
How do I keep my figure once I quit smoking? -