How do I quit smoking? -

Saturday, February 5, 2005

How do I quit smoking? -


Need help with it, I have never tried to quit yet, but i don-t want to stop. I need to lol, Need tips and stratigies. I don-t want to cold turkey, rather a plan to ween myself off of smoking.

Thanks for the input.
Hi Sean, Why don-t you want to quit cold turkey?? That-s the cheapest, quickest, and best way to quit! My husband quit after 25 years of 1-2 packs a day cold turkey. I wasn-t ready at the time. 9 months later I was ready to quit. That was after 20 years of 1-2 packs a day. All it takes is a little willpower, and you have to want to quit.
Every day I see cancer patients who are told they must quit or they-ll die, and they just quit. No problem.

The first 2 weeks will be a little hard, because it-s a big habit. But after 2 weeks, Sean, you-ll be proud to say, -I don-t smoke.-


You can do it! I know you can! Bless you and good luck! :)
You need to WANT to quit. You will find it really difficult to stop by -weaning- yourself off , you either smoke or you don-t - there-s no halfway I-m afraid.
Good luck with it though - I did it with the help of nicotine patches and joining a website with other quitters for support. It-s by far the best thing you can do for your health and it-s really worth it!!
When you want to stop then is the time to quit. All the time you want to smoke you will find quitting difficult. First you must remove the desire to smoke. Once you realise that you lose nothing by quitting then you are ready to quit. All the time you think you have something to loose by quitting you will not
depending on how much you smoke cut back a certain percentage....like if you smoke a pack a day, smoke one less a day until you stop or if you smoke one pack a week, do the same thing but with weeks
Stop breathing and You-ll stop smoking


Soon.
Smoking will die soon, you know? Stop smoking now!
How do I quit smoking? -