Whats the best way to quit smoking? -

Monday, December 4, 2006

Whats the best way to quit smoking? -


I have tried for along time. I actualy quit for 4 yrs when I had my daughter. But when I went back to work I started again.
I need some tips please help.... Also I cannot afford the patch, as my insurance won-t cover it . I also have M.S. so please keep that in mind.
Thanks for any tips
1. pick a date to quit
2. get rid of all matches, lighters, ashtrays
3. get a mentor someone that can talk you through the first few days.
4. buy lots of gum, hard candy
5. do you have a hobby that you like to do that could keep your hands busy ?
6. go to the American cancer society web site they also have a ton of suggestions for how to quit I wish you the best in quitting good luck but most of all keep your chin up you can do this
Put yourself down and be like I am better than this... did u know that smoking doesnt only kill u, but people around u do it for ur daughter
i have been struggling to quit seems like all my life. As you i did quit during my 3 pregnancies, which i guess made it easy. Last summer i quit cold turkey and i was fine ,except for the fact that i constantly was thinking about it. i don-t like to use patches or anything of that matter but i do believe that some people ,like my husband,do need that extra help. Well, i did start again and i still want to quit and it is so hard, I guess for me is will power that does it and i am in the process again on getting some somehow. If i tell myself I-m doing it for myself ,it doesn-t work, but if i tell myself I-m doing it for my family and to save money,it seems to work better. I really hope you find something that works for you. I know we all wish we had a magic wand to makes us stop, Till then i guess all i have left is free will. The nicotine gum did work for my husband. he got a non brand which was cheaper.
Try www.smokingstopshere.com
I smoked for over 45 years and tried everything and anything. Hypnosis, patches, prescriptions you name it I tried it then heard about Commit lozenges. At first I thought they were the nastiest thing I ever put in my mouth but after a day or so they got better and the smokes started tasting nasty. They cost about as much as a carton and like cigaretts the price varies greatly I-ve found from $32 to $47 a box of 72. I have no idea how they would affect your MS but if the nicotine in cigs don-t effect you I don-t see how they would harm you but check with your druggist. Good luck
Man I wish I knew too!!!Tell me when you know!!!One way my doctor said (didnt work for me but hey everyones different)is take out like 10 cigarettes to start and tha is your allowance for the day.Then when you feel confident move down to 8 or 9 then just keep doing this until youre down to like 1 or 2, she said even if you can-t give up these 2 its a whole hell of a lot better than a whole pack or whatever ya know?
Just stop like you did before.If you can afford cigarettes you can afford the patch.Ask your doctor to prescribe an anti anxiety drug (zoloft) this helps with the cravings.You can do it because you already did once.You quit before you say, for your daughter..Do it again for her.Kids hate it when their moms die from cancer.My sister-s kids sure didn-t like it when she died at 36yrs old.They were even angry at her.
Whats the best way to quit smoking? -