What did you personally do 4urself to help in alleviating mild depression/irritation when u quit smoking? -

Friday, December 22, 2006

What did you personally do 4urself to help in alleviating mild depression/irritation when u quit smoking? -


Something(s) that made you feel cheery or help keep your spirits up when you quit smoking like say the 1st 3 months. [you know how difficult it can be in the beginning .... ]
I want to relearn some of the techniques w/out relapsing into that habit again.
And do you still personally ever have cravings after your quit? If so, how often?
I have been smoke free for 10 years. I felt vulnerable for the first three years - I avoided all the usual traps: Coffee breaks, Christmas parties, People who smoke, Bars, all the triggers.
The best thing I said to myself was - If I ever have one puff of a cigarette, it-s just a matter of time until I-ll be a smoker again-- I-m an addict and I can never have a cigarette again-.
I used the patch for the first 6-8 weeks and it helped allot to contain the cravings. I laundered - cleaned everything in the house so I couldn-t smell smoke.
I bought an expensive item to motivate me on the amount of money I was saving in 6 months.
Ten years later, I always say that it was the one thing in my life that I am most proud of! I don-t have wrinkles, smell bad, and I have less debt - more money.
It -ain-t- easy to quit this terrible addiction but it-s well worth the effort. Get help, walk it out, talk it out but do it!
Since I started to work out I was looking for a good weight loss product. I was on a diet but I felt that I needed a little -help- so I decided to try this great product and I had fantastic results. You can check their website at
http://www.greathealthyes.info , they give you a free trial and you only pay 6.95$ shipping and handling.
What did you personally do 4urself to help in alleviating mild depression/irritation when u quit smoking? -