How can I help my husband to quit smoking? -

Saturday, March 17, 2007

How can I help my husband to quit smoking? -


I know he really wants to. Its the biggest struggle for him though.

All of his friends and everyone around him smokes so it makes it even harder for him.
I smoked for more than 12 years and quit 20 years ago. My wife helped me a lot, showing me very politely than she didn-t like the smell all over the house, our clothes, my mouth, my skin and so on. There was a night when everything happened that I-ll never forget: I told her, -now I-ll really quit smoking-, and I toke my lighter, my cigarette package and through them away by the window of our apartment, when she told me: DON-T FOOL YOURSELF, GO DOWN, TAKE THEM BACK AND SAVE YOUR MONEY, BECAUSE TOMORROW YOU-LL BE SMOKING AGAIN, AS YOU DID MANY OTHER TIMES. Those words were the key for me to take it as a challenge, and I thought to myself, -smoking can-t be stronger than I-, and since that night I never smoke again. The first days were like a storm, really very hard but I did it. I began to run at the same week and I became a marathoner, running, training and competing as can be seeing in the wall of my office, full of medals and trophies.
I think you can help him a lot, but he must be the one to take the decision. Together you can do it.
Good luck.
Don-t nag him or remind him. Don-t preach either. Just be supportive and positive when he can go a day without smoking or can cut down successfully. And don-t pile all your problems on him the minute he comes home. Try and keep the stress off him if at all possible. Good Luck to you guys. Just tell him you know he can do it.
you can-t help him . he can only help himself. keep up plenty of love and caring after all you must-ve married a smoker and to put stress on him could be a quicker killer
In the Search for questions slot type in -quit smoking- and you will get at least 6,523 previous questions with answers.
How can I help my husband to quit smoking? -