What is the best way to quit smoking? -

Thursday, March 8, 2007

What is the best way to quit smoking? -


stop smoking.
Was my answer to complicated to get even one vote ???????


Report Abuse



Maybe my answer was too simple.


Report Abuse



tell everybody you know about your decision.

Look at
http://theaones.com/answers/health/a-sim…
how to Quit Smoking
try to smoke 5 pack in one night. after that you will beg to quit.
Most people don-t have the sheer willpower to quit cold turkey. So for them it-s pretty much a choice beetween the gum or patches. I think the patch is the better of those two choices. You wear it all day, and you get sick if you smoke while you wear it. It removes the physical cravings and it just becomes a matter of your mental addiction. Plus, wearing a patch when you go to bed gives you very intense and vivid dreams. You go through 3 steps gradually taking your nicotine levels lower. By the time you-re done, going about your day with no patch and no smokes isn-t a problem.
get the paches behide the coter of the store
The only way that worked for me was to go to a group hypnosis seminar. I quit April 29, 2005 using that method. One thing you have to remember is that no matter what method you use, YOU HAVE TO WANT TO QUIT!!!! Even the hypnotist said the same thing. Nothing will work until this happens.
JUST STOP!!!
Everytime you go to light up, think of ALL those CHILDREN who have, and have DIED from Cancer. Think of what they-re lives are like....the PAIN and SUFFERING they-re going through. That was enough for me.
Cold turkey and will power. Before you try it, sit down and write yourself a note as to why you want to quit. Keep it with you so when you feel the urge you can read it as a reminder. Good luck.
nicotine gum ?
Nicorette gum and/or nicorette?? patches. They have nicotine in them. When I stopped smoking though, I really wanted to stop. Also, I bought big bags of M-M-s and Jolly Ranchers and whenever I wanted a smoke, I would munch on candy. I turned into a candyholic for a couple of weeks replacing one habit with another.
cold turkey. Dad used to smoke, drink 6 cups of coffee a day, one day he felt something was wrong, came home took his b.p. it really wasn-t high, but high for him.He went to see the doctor and was told he had light high b.p. (I mean it wasn-t sky rocketing), adnormal pulse rate. Doctor told him to loose weight, cut down on caffiene and most importantly, quit smoking. He did quit his coffee (but he drinks his Diet RC in place of it) and has quit smoking, he hasn-t lost that much weight. But cold turkey is the way to stop smoking, and he says the secret to quitting smoking is: You have to want to quit-. If you don-t really want to quit,then why try? Make your mind up that you-re gonna quit, not this silly smoke 2 less each day or so, if you-re going to quit, then quit.
Cold turkey !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Opinions Vary on this one. I can only tell you what worked for me. I smoked for over 35 years started when I was 12 thanks to my brother. (different reasons for all of us).

You have to decide to do it. No one else can except you or death which if you keep smoking might be sooner then you want.

First realize this. There is absolutely no benefit to smoking period. When you smoke you stink. You hurt your body and others around you. With these things in mind then it is smart to quit.

Set a date. Make it firm in your mind. Go to bed that night certain that when you wake up you will never smoke again. Get a couple of boxes of nicotine patches and use them starting the next morning when your feet hit the ground. I had all three steps but the first step made me climb the walls so i dropped down to the next one. Get some gum and chew that sugarless if you can stand it. You might gain a few pounds but you will live long enough to get rid of them. after a month or so Food will taste 10 times better. you will have saved a small fortune and you will feel sooooo good about yourself. I did it 2 years ago this Jan 1st and never felt better.

Good Luck You can do it and only you!!
That is the best way is to start asking questions..!
A lot of it depends on how long you-ve been smoking. Some people do have good luck with patches and gum. Others are successful with the Cold Turkey method. I myself after 25 years of smoking had to go to group hypnosis just like Smoothie was talking about. It worked quite well, only cost me $40 and if I feel the urge to light up again I can attend another session for free.
Use the patch, gum or lozenges.
Cold Turkey. You-ll be uncomfortable for three or four days, then the cravings will stop.

You have to be serious about quitting, and it will come easy. If you can make it 3 days without a cigarette, you can make it a lifetime.

The gums, patches, all that crap are useless in my opinion - they only prolong the agony of nicotine addiction.
my cousin quit smoking by sucking on lollipop-s whenever she wanted to have a smoke.try it, it might help. :)
The Nike way -JUST DO IT- hard way cold turkey but the best ya gotta have will power tht patch and crap only works for awhile, you have to be really ready in your heart and your head Good Luck you can do it!
What is the best way to quit smoking? -