What is the best way to quit smoking? -

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

What is the best way to quit smoking? -


My husband smokes and I hate it. He has tried to quit before but did not have any luck. Is there an easy way to quit?
The best way to quit smoking is to never light one up again.

Wouldn-t it be great if it were that easy?
I-ve never been a smoker, but my husband is one and I too hate it.

However, you can-t force your husband to give up. It has to be HIS choice.
And if HE choses to give up he-s more likely to succeed. The method he choses will be an individual choce, and there are heaps of options.
Luck, has very little to do with it.
Look around and find someone who smoked and got cancer and get them to talk to him and show him how bad it really is.
His doctor can write him a prescription for Chantix. It worked wonders for me. Only draw backs: Price and insurance doesn-t cover.
Good Luck
Best way to quit smoking is with a buddy or partner, so they can check up on each other and support each other. There are stop-smoking groups in almost every city, check your library or hospital for information. Your husband also needs to know that most people fail several times before they succeed, he just needs to keep trying.
Well... I see people who smoke are in two categories.
1. They-re addicts.
2. It-s habit.

I-ve smoked, but I quit, then again, it was neither out of
habit nor addiction.

It sounds like your husband is an addict.
My mother was too. She finally quit, but... it was too late.
Two years later she was diagnosed with emphysema.
Ever since then, her health has been spiraling downward.

She probably doesn-t have much time left, and that kills me.
I can-t get close to her. If I do, it-s going to hurt that much more when she-s gone...

Tell him that you don-t want to have to go through that.
Tell him you want him to quit not only because you think it-s gross, but... because you want to be with him for the rest of his natural life...

Really come to him with this, and tell him you don-t want it to be this way. Don-t say -quit, it-s nasty.- Talk to him.

I hope this helps.
Unfortunately Smoking Ci garrets is very hard to quit. Its almost as bad as heroine except heroine you could die from withdrawl. Keep his mind occupied at all times. Make sure he knows not to smoke in front of you. And get him to join a gym, I quit smoking when i started bodybuilding.
Tell him to go to GYM. I have heard frm many builders.
Yes your on the right track at the gym.

Now he needs to begin reading and researching why.

How can you do this if you do not care about why.

So have him make a list of what it would mean to him.

lungs whos lungs? everyones lungs..... Go wipe up some of the nicotine off of the wall. Examine how stickey it is.

Hey let consider the word tar.... What is that assoiated with?
What is tar? I think tar has always been considered to be a resign that is sticky and black and like an adhesive it seals its self inside the lungs... And your lungs will function less efeciently the more tar you place inside your lungs...
I know it is hard to give up all of these poisions and toxins.
we are hooked and have lost control of our brain....
I hope you suceede and Please contact your Dr. before choosing a medication....Many are known to raise high blood pressure and when it shoots up the coast better be clear.
I can-t be your quit partner but know I am ready to make this attempt again with out meds because my body can-t hanele them.... Good bye to a pack and a half a day....
Welcome nice slow long breaths and citrus will curb those cravings that come from resign lingering in the pallet for a few days......
If you do not cheating you may note while you are making a bm the aroma of smoke may fill the room... Useually just one time...That means your on your way....
tell him not to smoke ..cos u just hate it..
What is the best way to quit smoking? -