Quit Smoking? -

Friday, March 23, 2007

Quit Smoking? -


I really need to quit smoking. Any tips from ex-smokers out there? What made it easier for you to quit?

Thanks!
At first I tried the gum, but it tasted disgusting.
Eventually I just quit cold turkey. It was hard at first but worth it in the end.
depends on how much you smoke now..

If your smoking over a pack a day as your DR for some ativan to help with the withdrawls


When you get down to less than a 1/2 pack a day, then the patches/gum/inhaler works
find a new thing to do
LIKE ME
I decided to chew gum when i thot of a cigarette...
also
get the nicorette gum or patch..
ONCE YOU QUIT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SMELL THINGS AND TASTE THINGS THAT YOU HAVE NEVER SMELLED OR TASTED BEFORE lol
I-m serious!!
Do u really want to quit?- If u do buy gum and chew when u get the urge to smoke or suck on lifesavers.
If u dont want to quit, get some vitamin C and take 2-1000 mg a day to put back in the body what smoke takes out.
Make one pack last a month... Ween urself off them.. Slowly but surely wins that race!
Don-t smoke for two weeks...then give it up altogether!

There-s no easy way to do it. I know -- it took me 40 years to succeed! But when you really have the will to quit, you-ll be able to stop smoking without a second thought.
I-m on day 2 of quitting. (Yeah me!) Try the nicotine gum; it-s working for me - it-s what my doctor suggested.
I used the patch about 10 years ago. And I constantly listened to a tape by Wayne Dyer on quitting. You need to quit a moment at a time. When you want a butt, let that moment pass and then the next and the next. Eventually you won-t want one as much. Stay active if you can. Just make up your mind and DO IT. It-s not easy, just do it. I know you can. You-ll be so glad. Plus, it-s not socially acceptable. Good Luck.
First off, you have to REALLY decide to quit! You have to tell yourself you won-t die if you get intense cravings. I used the patch for the first week. i kept forgeting to put a new one on so i quit using them and just went cold turkey. Whenever I craved one I would chew gum or go for a walk. After dinner when i craved one the most I started jogging. This helped Heal and strengthen my lungs. i haven-t smoked for 4 years! Good luck! you can do it!
Acupuncture!! Some how *not sure how it really works but it does work* everyone I have known has quit totally after their 4 sessions of acupuncture. Of course you would have to make sure it is someone that does acupuncture to stop smoking so they get it in the right spots - not just normal acupuncture. Really does work though, it is suppose to detoxify your body from the nicotine - eliminate the physical and mental symptoms of withdrawl. The people who do the acupuncture say that almost 100% of people reduces their smoking to 50% of what it was previously after just 1 session.
I have known a lot of people who have quit this way here recently, because of the new smoking bans in the city I live in.
cold turekye or like chewing gum is the best
Quit Smoking? -