I just quit smoking 48 hours ago and Im feeling jittery, any tips to make the withdrawal jitters go away? -

Saturday, March 17, 2007

I just quit smoking 48 hours ago and Im feeling jittery, any tips to make the withdrawal jitters go away? -


keep yourself busy. the number reason why people who try to quit smoking fail is because they have too much time on their hands to think about how much they need that cigarette
Ask your Dr for some Ativan an anti anxiety drug

I quit a 5 pack a day habit, this stuff helped me the most,

It was only $1 a pill, I only needed 2 to get thru
I quit smoking myself about 1 year ago...I recommend using the gum however if you dont want to do this. I recommend eating something like an apple, food always seemed to help me.
When my dad stopped smoking over five years ago he ate a lot of hard candy and chewed a lot of gum. Maybe to help you thru your withdrawals you can try some of that nicoderm gum? I hope you can make it, it-s a very nasty habit and it will help you out more than you can ever imagine if you can quit.
have a drink start a whole new problem
congrats.

try to exercise. it-s all about willpower from here cause it-s really hard. also, smoking aids really help for withdrawal like patches (either nicotine or herbal)
nicoret and the patch to gradually ween yourself
Chewing gum is great, and also so is other candy that you chew and suck on. Make sure during these next few days you keep busy. Congrats on quitting!
Go for a fast walk. Take a shower. Mainly do some type of exercise. This will take out your frustration along with reminding you why you are quitting!

GOOD LUCK!!!!
Exercise releases endorphines, a natural chemical that makes you feel good. So, try doing something like walking, jogging, or anything athletic that you might enjoy. Also, might want to see the doc about a prescription such as certain ones that are made to help people quit smoking.

If not, there is always the gum, or a nutritious snack. But try not to go overboard with the food if you can.

Here-s a website you might want to look at (and there are many others):


http://www.whyquit.com/

I-ve heard that chewing gum helps, but just keeping yourself busy is important. I don-t know how similar anxiety attacks are to someone who quit smoking, but whenever I feel like my mind is going to implode, I just occupy myself with something different. While you do this, try to seek expert help (ie. someone who has already been through this....and succeeded, or your doctor.)
suck on hard candy, it will stimulate ur mouth in the same way a smoke did. thats how i got over smoking.
Food is a good idea. Make a nice Italian or Mexican meal and you-ll forget about smoking for a bit.
Have a smoke.
There is no option here. Go find something better to do with your mind. For example, if you were currently stranded out in the forest, you-d probably be thinking of a way to get rescued than worrying having some jitters from a lack of smoking.

Quit feeling sorry for yourself. Quit -milking- the cigarette-dilemma in your mind and just move on. Go answer some questions about some other subject. Just stop giving it attention. You-ll live... I promise.
jittery? exercise!! if you have to eat, eat healthy snack foods like peanuts in the shell-- they occupy yor hands and take a while to eat so you won-t gain a lot of weight from munching chips and stuff. but yeah, for jitters, just occupy yourself. exercising helps a lot.
I don-t have an answer for getting rid of the jitters but, keep lots of hard candy around...blow pops and such are the best...they help with the need to helo things in your hands and have something in your lips...Congrats and GOOD LUCK TO YOU!
congrats
chew gum or eat something when you get the urge to smoke
I ran as hard and fast as I could when I stopped smoking. I was the BIACH from hell. Also buy a rowing machine and jump on it when you are jittery. I used to tire myself out because I was a horrible person because I was that jittery. Also sucked on chuppa chupps (lolly pops)... Maybe too much sugar???
I just quit smoking 48 hours ago and Im feeling jittery, any tips to make the withdrawal jitters go away? -