How long until teeth whiten from quitting smoking? -

Saturday, May 22, 2010

How long until teeth whiten from quitting smoking? -


I finally quit smoking one week ago.

Ex-smokers I-m wondering how long it takes until I see nice white teeth from not smoking?

I-m using a whitening toothpaste and mouthwash, as well as a whitening tooth polish.. so don-t suggest whiteners thanks.
Well, when I quit for the first time, it took about 3 years with no outside help (no toothpastes that whiten, no whitening strips..). For someone that is using aids like that, it should take anywhere from 6 months to a year.
Mine never yellowed as far as I know.
I would say at least six months. Your teeth exude new enamel slowly. I read a paper just recently that said that SIDE TO SIDE brushing slows down the accretion of enamel. So only brush up and down and you might speed up the process.
Do not use heavily abrasive tooth paste.

Keep brushing, and smile!
I recommend chalk. But be sure and use white chalk, I-ve found that other colors do not typically whiten the teeth. Except pink. Pink whitens your teeth. I don-t know why.
My teeth got yellower after quitting smoking and only teeth whiteners have helped me!
How long until teeth whiten from quitting smoking? -