What are some ways someone can try to help themself quit smoking? -

Friday, May 28, 2010

What are some ways someone can try to help themself quit smoking? -


Hypnotism worked for me.
why dont you get a life you ******* **** *****


Report Abuse



lol


Report Abuse



This is the truth. I have quit smoking twice and it worked both times. I ask Jesus to help me and He took the desire away. The habit with the motions of my hands and to fill the time was harder. I also watched my Aunt pass away 3 weeks after I stopped. The Dr. said it was from smoking. She died for lack of air! It has been 12 years since my last smoke , If it worked for me it will work for you!
My brother had the laser treatment and amazingly, unbelievably he became a reformer smoker. trust me that if he could quit so dramatically, so could you.
I chew gum. Or go do something constructive.
Keep hard candies in your cigarette pocket or wherever you keep your cigarettes. Don-t eat a lot of sugar or spicy foods, they only increase the cravings. Find other things to do to keep yourself busy, both physically and mentally. Drink through a straw, it will give you a the feeling of having something in the shape of a cigarette between your lips. If you smoke more than a pack a day, consult your doctor about medication to calm your nerves and possibly an antidepressant. Of course you have to commit totally or you will not succeed.
it comes from the inside if he wanna 2 quit he will
determination and the gum
I used Welbutrin. It is an anti-depressant so it helps with those feelings of panic and rage. Do NOT throw away all of your cigs because that makes you feel helpless. Keep them around for security until you are strong enough to discard them. That is when you know that you have WON !!
call 311
The first thing is to make up your mind and remind yourself of all the reasons why you should. Start putting the money you would have used to buy cigarettes into a cookie jar and save up to buy something for yourself as a reward. You can read about a natural product that has helped others stop in 2 days time. You take a teaspoon of EYI-s Noni -Plus and hold it under the tongue for about a minute before swallowing it. Do this every hour, on the hour, for as long as you are awake for 2 days. Go to www.eyicom.com/?key=glory2god and read about it ! It takes away the craving and the B-complex vitamins keeps the body calm while replacing the nicotine with an enzyme!
get a doctor to tell him he has lung cancer now.
chew gum
throw the ones you have away and dont go buy n/e more, GOOD LUCK!!!
dont buy cigarettes
The patch works great for the physical craving, better than the gum did in my case. Because every time I-d get a craving I-d chew the gum and I-d think -This sucks I want a cigarette.- But with the patch you never get the craving in the first place, except maybe in the morning when you change it.
Take vitamin B12 - C. Drink all the water you can possibly drink around the clock for 3 days without getting sick. The water and the vitamins will help flush your system quicker of the nicotine and help bring allot of crap out of your lungs. Take vitamins at suppertime or in the time of your day that you are least active with food. It will speed up withdrawl process but, also increase oxygen intake. Do 30 minutes of cardio everyday to help keep your mind off of smoking and to relieve stress so you can sleep better.
My gf-s mom just quit (been 2 weeks so far without smoking a thing) by going on medicine prescribed to her by her doctor. I don-t know what it-s called, but she said it-s very common now and to just ask your doctor.
Only in the mind.
There is a medication (prescription) called Zyban. It is also the same thing as Wellbutrin, which is marketed for depression. This medication helped me to quit. You don-t quit as soon as you start taking it. You take it and set a date about two weeks later to actually quit. I found it took the edge off and I was less nervous at the times I was used to smoking (in the car, after I ate, when I got up in the morning). I have not heard of a doctor who hasn-t approved this for a patient who has asked. You can also add the nicotine gum, patch, or lozenges to this if the pill alone isn-t enough. Give it a shot- it is definitely worth it in the end!!!
chew gum
GOOD FOR YOU!! Quitting is such a difficult endeavor. When I quit, after several attempts....I found that the only way was to just stop. Withdrawals...YOU BET!! Come on, all smokers know that smoking goes hand in hand with coffee, after you eat, when you drive, breaks at work, at bars or clubs..etc... You have to really have made the choice...no exceptions. If you can not say to yourself that you mean it, than you won-t, and you-ll undoubtedly fall off the wagon. But hey...if there-s one thing that-s worth the effort...quitting is it. Best of luck!!
Personally, I psyched myself out by choosing a specific date that I was going to stop and mentally, emotionally preparing myself for that day. When that day came, I mustered all the willpower that I had in me to stop and made it a point to engage in activities to keep me occupied and not think about smoking. It also helps to hang around non-smokers for a while until your cravings subside a bit. Chew gum. Go for a jog. Do some aerobics. Sometimes after a run, the least thing your body wants is a cigarette. Beware of activities that trigger your desire for a cigarette.
We all first quit smoke!
go to a cancer ward and sit in the hallway...once you see your life ahead, you may be motivated to change it-s course! good luck
Find someone who has to be a support/accountability/encouragement person to you. Within 72 hours, nicotine is not physically addictive. Get past 3 days, than it-s psychological. This is the tough part. Drink plenty of water to keep flushing those nasty chemicals out of you. Replace the habit of holding the cigaretter with something else (ie rubber band, pencil, pen, super ball...) Identify your trigger times and prepare yourself to do something active to distract your urge to smoke. Journal. Don;t beat yourself up if you cave in and have a smoke. Wean......cut back slowly. Set up and follow through on a reward system. Check out quitnet.com Great web for support!!!!!!!!!! You have my fullest support!
The best way is to quit cold turkey.
Most doctors offices can tell you where you can attend classes to help you.
Good for you! It isn-t easy. Nicotine addiction is very powerful -- and the cigarette companies know it, which is why they keep boosting the nicotine content of cigarettes. But it sounds as though you-re tired of being entrapped by them and want to break free. Here are a couple of things that helped me.
Quit cold turkey. The first few times I tried to quit, I made smoking as difficult as I could -- cigarettes here, matches there, ashtray somewhere else, plus using a telescoping cigarette holder that opened out to be a foot long. It was a real pain in the butt to use in the car,which was, of course, the idea. But cutting down and tapering off didn-t work out very well. I-d taper off, then bound right back up. So quitting cold turkey seemed the only way to succeed.
I treated myself to jelly beans instead of cigarettes. One jelly bean per cigarette, only you can-t chew the jelly beans, just put them in your mouth and let them dissolve. It takes just about the same length of time as a cigarette takes, and even if you eat 20 jelly beans a day you aren-t going to put on a ton of weight.
Find something to do with your hands. That was the big problem for me, and I learned to knit and crochet. Yes, guys can knit and crochet too! Or take up whittling, wood carving, fly tying or whatever strikes your fancy. But keeping your hands busy seems to be a big part of it.
And get some exercise. When I stopped, I had lung cramps (and immediately thought that after 25 years of 2-packs-per-day I-d left it too long and was coming down with lung cancer) but my doctor told me it was my lungs ridding themselves of the accumulated tars and gunk that were coating them, and I could help the process by exercising. I did, and it did help. You also aren-t tempted to smoke if you-re running, swimming or riding a bike. Or most other activities you take up. Shooting pool is about the only activity you can do while smoking, but it isn-t really very active.
Anyway, those are some of the things that helped me to quit. Hope they work for you.
Good luck to you!
carry a bag of hard candies around
whenever you get a craving pop one in
nicotine gum, throw away all cigarettes, blunts, etc., use worry beads when ever u feel like smoking u jus fidget with ur beads, dont go to places where there are smokers
S,oke three packs at once
why doyou find it unfortunate taht there is a gay section on yahoo?
What are some ways someone can try to help themself quit smoking? -