Will I lose the weight I gained when I quit smoking? -

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Will I lose the weight I gained when I quit smoking? -


I don-t feel that I am eating more yet I have gained about 7 pounds since I quit smoking 3 months ago. I still watch what I eat and exercise 3-4 times a week. Is this temporary?
I quit smokin 5 months ago ..I gained at least 10 pounds more...I didn-t think I was eating more....but the food does taste now....I never realized it had a taste....I still worked out but I am actually thinking of starting to smoke again...I want to lose my weight again...and nothing else is working! Sad but true...the only thing stopping me is that I hate the smell of smoke on ur clothes...I didn-t think I smelled bad...but now I can smell a smoker a mile away! its nasty...and I must have smelled like that too....and here I was puttin on nice perfume and everything! good luck too u...
YES!!!
it is not temporary
you are eatimg more or you are pregnant
Yes don-t worry stick to your routine, if you want to speed it up a bit add more fiber because smoking is like a mild laxitive and hence the body has less time to absorb the fat and calories fiber will do the same
Smoking actually increases your metabolism, which makes you burn more calories, I actually gained 100 lbs over a 2 year period, and the weight gain started when I stopped smoking. I have lost it since then

I lost 105 pounds in 6 months. Here is how I did it.
1. Every morning get up and walk for 45 minutes. You can start with less time, but you want to get up to 45 minutes, and it must be fast walk. You want your heart rate to go up. It must be in the morning, it kick starts your metabolism.
2. I cut out Red Meat, and fatty foods. Boneless skinnless chicken breast, baked, or grilled, rice and vegetables (steamed).
3. Eat half. Just eat half of what you normally eat. Put 1/2 on your plate, and put the rest away. Cook less. When you go to fast food, get salads only. Or grilled chicken. No fries, only diet soda. Or water.

It will work, once you get into a routine, you will get hooked on the results, and you will keep the routine. It has been over a year for me.

A sight with some really cool diet calculators and interesting calorie counting calculators is here. Check it out.

http://www.caloriesperhour.com/


Check out my before and after pic at my yahoo 360 page

http://profiles.yahoo.com/gorillamyke


Stay motivated, and get up and walk every day. I seriously lost all my weight starting off my day on my walk.

Good LUCK!
everyone is different but alot of people do put on more weight when they quit smoking!
Maybe you are now substituting food for cigarettes. Now you are reaching for food without realizing it. Admire you for quiting smoking. I did it cold turkey in 1976 July 4Th. It was the best
thing I ever did (besides getting married and having children) in my
life. Don-t start to smoke again. my husband had his right lung
removed. lived a year on oxygen then died a very painful.horrible
death. Diagnosis Lung cancer from SMOKING!!!!
Will I lose the weight I gained when I quit smoking? -